• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding to collection also adds to every slideshow inside collection

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create collections and inside a collection I can have one or more slideshows containing videos. I usually add some videos to the collection and then is navigated to the collection with the videos selected and then I create a slideshow with these videos. Sometimes, not always, this workflow starts behaving so that the added videos to the collection is also automatically added to every slideshow inside the collection. Have I by mistake changed any setting with a shortcut or what can be the reason?

Before adding a video to collection "Myra filmer"

lr-collection-slideshow-1.JPG

After adding one video.

lr-collection-slideshow-2.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

I also found that it is possible to add new slideshows to a collection and select Location in the "Create Saved Slideshow" dialog and then the new pics are not added to the other slideshows in the same collection.

Yes, absolutely. But even in that case, when you later add pictures to a collection, they will also be added to the slideshows inside it, that's why it's usually best to keep a pictures folder and the slideshow at the same level, inside a collection set.

That's not to say that you should

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

"Sometimes, not always..."

As far as I know, and I've saved many slideshows and print jobs (identical behaviour), when you add pictures to a collection, they are always added to the slideshows and print jobs inside that collection.

To avoid this, you can create a collection set, let's say "Myra" containing "Myra filmer" and the slideshows, with those slideshows at the same level as "Myra filmer", instead of under it.

That way, whenever you add pics into Myra filmer, they will not be added to the slideshows.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I did some test and it is exactly as you describe. I also found that it is possible to add new slideshows to a collection and select Location in the "Create Saved Slideshow" dialog and then the new pics are not added to the other slideshows in the same collection.

So now I know "why and when" even if I find it to be a little strange behaviour.

Thanks,

Sten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also found that it is possible to add new slideshows to a collection and select Location in the "Create Saved Slideshow" dialog and then the new pics are not added to the other slideshows in the same collection.

Yes, absolutely. But even in that case, when you later add pictures to a collection, they will also be added to the slideshows inside it, that's why it's usually best to keep a pictures folder and the slideshow at the same level, inside a collection set.

That's not to say that you should never put slideshows and print jobs inside a collection, though. It's useful when you have different designs/layouts for the same set of pictures. In that case, adding/reordering/removing images affects at once all slideshows/print jobs inside that collection.

Anyway, glad you have learned a bit more about how that works!

Michael

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines