• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Addition "stuff" on backup

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first time I backed up LR Classic 11 the program, and a lot of other "stuff" including the zip file of pictures was backed up.  What can I get rid of there?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What other "stuff"? Please be more specific.

The 'Backup' procedure in v10 that is set to occur when you exit Lr-Classic will save the YourCatalogName.LRCAT file in the Backup ZIP file. In the latest Version-11 of LrC this has changed slightly to also now include a new file - YourCatalogName.LRCAT.LRDATA  that holds information about the new Masking edits.

So, now with v11, the Backup ZIP contains two files-  ...LRCAT  and  ...LRCAT.LRDATA

It DOES NOT BACKUP ANY PHOTO FILES (Pictures) ..!! That is your responsibility using methods outside of LrC.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would just add that it's important to backup the Settings folder as well, since it contains presets, watermarks, etc... and is not backed up by LrC.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. Kindly note that URLs in the signature may be considered as spam])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines