• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Additional catalogs

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep my main catalog on external hard drives and back those up to a cloud service. But, when traveling, it's a pain to drag the RAID drives along. Is there a simple way in which I can create a new catalog that lives on my laptop hard drive, add to that catalog while on the road and then import those files to my main external drive catalog upon returning from the trip? Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Engaged , Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Yep, it's easy.  If you do some googling, I'm sure you can find somebody who's laid out the whole workflow step-by-step.  The short version is...

1. Use File --> New Catalog and create a new catalog on your laptop.
  2. Use that while travelling.
  3. When you return from your travels, open your regular/main catalog.
  4. From your regular/main catalog, use File --> Import from Another Catalog to import the catalog on your laptop and bring in everything you did while travelling.

Another option would be to simply kee

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Just remembered that Julieanne Kost had a tutorial about this that I watched eons ago.  Just searched and found it on YouTube.  It's old and I didn't watch it again, but this process hasn't changed, so I'm guessing it's still applicable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My10kpBxeB0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's easy.  If you do some googling, I'm sure you can find somebody who's laid out the whole workflow step-by-step.  The short version is...

1. Use File --> New Catalog and create a new catalog on your laptop.
  2. Use that while travelling.
  3. When you return from your travels, open your regular/main catalog.
  4. From your regular/main catalog, use File --> Import from Another Catalog to import the catalog on your laptop and bring in everything you did while travelling.

Another option would be to simply keep your regular/main catalog on the laptop in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remembered that Julieanne Kost had a tutorial about this that I watched eons ago.  Just searched and found it on YouTube.  It's old and I didn't watch it again, but this process hasn't changed, so I'm guessing it's still applicable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My10kpBxeB0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much! Greatly appreciated! Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines