• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment Brush Bug stops working at edge of photo

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to use the adjustment brush I slide it across the workspace as normal then when it hits the edge of the photo it will not move beyond the edge of the photo.  I can move my mouse back and it tracks fine.  I can move it around the photo but once it hits the edge of the photo it stops tracking.  This has rendered using the brush inoperable.  

Any ideas???

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried disabling GPU support and/or resetting Lightroom preferences (described in Method 1 at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian, thanks for the help.  I reset the preferences and it seemed to work but the bug is back and not sure what is causing it.  The brush tool hangs on the edge of the photo and I am unable to drag into the photo.  I can move the cursor around the photo but not through the photo.  If I click and hold it appears that the brush is affecting the area but I have no control and its unusable.  I can share videos of this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution to this bug? I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conrad,  I think so but I don't have 100% confidence because I don't know what I did that seems to have fixed it.  There have been several updates and I deleted all of my presets and brushes and re-installed everything.  Also with WACOM it appears that they had an update as well.  For the past few weeks I have not seen the issue.  I still don't think my brushes are working properly when it comes to pressure sensitivity and still trying to figure that out.  I can see that the pressure sensitivy works with Photoshop but it does not seem to work with Lightroom.  So the bottom line is I haven't seen the issue recently and can only think that something was corrupted and fixed by deleting, re-installing, and running the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing, I checked the Wacom Desktop Centre and there was an update waiting. Downloaded that, restarted and now the brush shows up correctly in Lightroom. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines