Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustments to adjustment brush adjust global image

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beginner in Lightroom 6: 

In Develop, I click the adjustment brush button to create a new adjustment brush.

I want to increase exposure where I plan to use the adjustment brush.

In the Basic box, when I increase exposure meant for the adjustment brush only,

the entire global image exposure is increased.

Others have posted this same question w/o answers.

Hope you can help.

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

In the Basic box, when I increase exposure meant for the adjustment brush only, the entire global image exposure is increased.

The Exposure slider in the Basic box always increases the global image exposure.  After clicking on the Adjustment Brush, you should see an additional set of sliders open immediately under the brush button that control the settings where you apply the brush -- click on that Exposure slider:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Basic box, when I increase exposure meant for the adjustment brush only, the entire global image exposure is increased.

The Exposure slider in the Basic box always increases the global image exposure.  After clicking on the Adjustment Brush, you should see an additional set of sliders open immediately under the brush button that control the settings where you apply the brush -- click on that Exposure slider:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG....thank you both so much.  I must have watched 12 videos on the subject and not one mentioned that.

Old, but not too old to learn.

Thank you John and Joe !!!

Dal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!  same here!!  thank you J&J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't see all of the sliders associated with the adjustment brush, click on the small black triangle on the upper right corner just under the word Edit.

Screenshot 2016-11-14 22.01.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ JoeKostoss THANK YOU from Denmark, I spend the most of 2 days trying back and forth figuering out what the problem is called. I still don't know, but at least I know the answer now

And dallass63975411​   me too...I'm also old, so it takes a longer time and more repeatings to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome.  I wouldn't blame it on age; I think it has more to do with that other disorder that us older, busier folks have, namely, "Short Term Overload"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the icon for the adjustment brush that was under the histogram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you have upgraded Lr-Classic. Did you read the updated features?

The Tools (Brush, Gradient, Radial Gradient) are now in the Masking panel - And the Brush can still be quickly accessed by keyboard [K].

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2022.html#masking

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines