• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager: The serial number is already in use by the maximum allowed computers

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I recently purchased a DVD of Lightroom 6 from on eBay, with the serial number hidden, then the seller and I went through the required "Transfer of License" procedures, filling out all the relevant boxes; but upon installing and launching the application, I get the message with;

"The serial number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another computer within 30 days to use this product."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread moved to Lightroom Classic by Forum Host

I couldn't find any way of contacting Adobe directly from the website, in order to resolve this issue, but I sent an email to <salesuk@adobe.com>, to see if SOMEBODY can help me with this problem.

Have any of YOU out there run into the same issue, and, if so; how did you resolve it? I need to be able to get to work with the software that I have legitimately acquired, but it seems as if some other people may have got their hands on the serial number.

It was blurred out when it was put up for sale on eBay, so I cannot see where could it have leaked from.

I use a MacBook Pro from 2013, running OS Sierra, and still using CS6, which I also bought the DVD of, back in the days.

I do not wish to migrate to CC, the reason for which I bought the DVD of Lightroom 6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

An update, Jim...

The transfer of licence procedure was a BIT more laborious than the seller and I had anticipated, but it's all good now. I've been on my Adobe account page, checked under products, and it is finally there and registered to my account since the 12th of April.

Thanks all the same for your advice...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The person from whom you purchased Lightroom 6 is going to have to go through the process of contacting Adobe and deactivating the installations on his computers. There is nothing you can do until he does that. On another note, you might think you are saving money by going to Lightroom 6. Be aware that the installation disk is only going to install 6.0. There were 14 updates (although you only need the last one), and they are difficult to locate. Lightroom 6 is not supported by Adobe anymore. It cannot be updated to support raw files from new cameras. If you ever decide to purchase a new computer with a new operating system it will not be possible to install Lightroom 6 because the installer is 32-bit, and will not run on the new Mac operating systems. But if you are willing to deal with all of these frustrations then I suppose you can get by with an old outdated unsupported version of Lightroom. At this point, however, you must contact the seller and inform him that he needs to contact Adobe to deactivate his connections. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all of the information, Jim,

I understand all of the issues you have raised, but most of my work is anyway by hand, painting and illutration; so I am not THAT reliant on the very latest versions of software, and can use workarounds, in order to exploit RAW files and so on.

I am actually scanning old negative film, and it's on the scans that I wish to work; not images from digital cameras.

I have managed up until now, and will do so until the current MacBook Pro I use will also not be supported anymore... like the 17" PowerBook G4 that's lying on the shelf not far away from me. I just try to get the very most out of the kit that I buy, along with the software.

Thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update, Jim...

The transfer of licence procedure was a BIT more laborious than the seller and I had anticipated, but it's all good now. I've been on my Adobe account page, checked under products, and it is finally there and registered to my account since the 12th of April.

Thanks all the same for your advice...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New update, Jim...

Now the error message has come back, and I cannot open Lightroom 6 anymore, though I have only one computer on which I installed it, and it used to work... even if rather slowly...

Where are customer service for THESE kind of issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines