We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Copy link to clipboard
Adobe Lightroom seems to be running slowly on new M1 iMac 8GB.
Simply going next photo/cropping or using editing tools seems very laggy and annoying.
Its faster on an old iMac.
Adobe Prem is almost unusable ...
Any idea on this??
We're sorry about the troube with Lightroom on your M1 Mac. Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom you're using along with the macOS version you're using the M1 Mac?
Please ensure Lightroom has the necessary permissions on the Mac using the steps mentioned below:
1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.
2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.
3. If Lightroom is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.
4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.
5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.
If you're using the latest version of Lightroom Classic, you can also try optimizing the preferences of Lightroom using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html