• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe cloud for Catalog for lightroom cloud use

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know i can upload collections to the adobe cloud. and can then use it via lightroom. but i don't want to adjust to a second way of working. i would like to upload my catalog to the adobe cloud so that i can use Adobe classic on two computers. is this possible I have 1TB space but for me useless at the moment.

bg chris

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Hi Chris_ROCK!

I use classic on two computers like you are discussing. The way I achieved this is to use a third party cloud platform. (I use Microsoft OneDrive as I am on a PC).

Once you have download and setup your sync platform, you will need to move/organize your pictures and catalogues to that location to sync with the cloud. Your photos will have to sync to the cloud before proceeding. Once fully synced, on your second device, you can then open up the catalogue in lightroom CC from your sync

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalogs for Lightroom Classic must be stored on a local internal or external drive. LrC catalogs cannot be stored in the cloud or on a network drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris_ROCK!

I use classic on two computers like you are discussing. The way I achieved this is to use a third party cloud platform. (I use Microsoft OneDrive as I am on a PC).

Once you have download and setup your sync platform, you will need to move/organize your pictures and catalogues to that location to sync with the cloud. Your photos will have to sync to the cloud before proceeding. Once fully synced, on your second device, you can then open up the catalogue in lightroom CC from your synced location. As you preview your photos in the library, it will download those photos to be edited live.

You have to make sure you only have lightroom open on one device at a time with this method. When you are done working, close it and verify the catalogue has synced before opening on your other device. That will make sure that you are always working form the latest synced catalogue file na dnot accidentally overwriting wiht an old catalogue.

Others may have this feature, but I like OneDrive because it has a “free up space” option where I can remove local files to save space on my computer but it keeps them stored in the cloud still so any other device and reach the originals if needed. They will just re-download if I need to hop in to that catalogue again. It has worked well for me! I also lets me have mulitple catalogues for my pictures rather than one for all of them at once. I like that better for organization.
Hope that helps! I’m happy to try to answer further questions if need be fore this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris 486,

thank you for your detailed description. I understood everything. I only hoped that it would be possible to use the adobe cloud somehow.

So it will only work for me the way you described it. I will also use the path as you described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines