Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom 6.0 not working on new MacBook

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I have recently ported all of my applications from an old MacBook to a new one and now Lightroom 6.0 has a license issue. It states that I have a trial license, however, I have purchased a full license to the software. Every time I click on Lightroom now, it states that I need a newer version of Application Manager, but the link it provides isn't active. When I called support, they offered that I can buy a subscription, which obviously does not solve my issue.

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you "port" the application? I believe you have to install the Lightroom 6 application on the new MacBook, and that should also install the proper version of the Creative Cloud Application — if indeed LR 6 can be installed on your new Mac (I don't believe LR 6 can be installed on Big Sur or Catalina)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, no way to install LR6 under Big Sur or Catalina. Now if they were installed previously from an older OS that supported those old 32-bit installers, sure (well they do on my Intel Mac), on M1, no idea. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response! I had initially installed LR under an earlier MacOS version and it still works on that machine even though it has been upgraded to Big Sur. I used the transfer feature that is native to Macs to set up the new laptop. So I guess, I'll have to keep using the old laptop or upgrade to the cloud version. The strange thing is that LR6 worked fine for 30 days on the new laptop as a "trial version". Looks like there are no technical reasons why it stopped working, but rather commercial considerations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will strike several problems-

1) You cannot install (or un-install) Lightroom-v6 perpetual in Mac Catalina or Big Sur.

2) The 'Porting / Transfer' of Lr6 to the new OS would have 'wiped' the Serial Number Registration details. Thus LR6 now regards itself as the Creative Cloud subscription Lr-CC 2015- and has given you the Trial.

3) You may be able to revert to your 'Perpetual' Serial Number-

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6 

4) Lr6 (Perpetual) is obsolete and well past 'End-of-Life', Adobe do not support Lr6 in any way.

5) If you do have it 'reverted' you may also get the "Exceeded Activations Limit" error message that only a chat with Abobe will fix, as follows-

Begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.

If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction

When you 'Chat' to Adobe, insist that you only want your Activations Reset, and you are not asking for "support".

There are other forum threads with the same topic. For example-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/how-deactivating-1-lightroom-6-0/m-p/11880813#M38141

6) v6 is Falling Apart- Petapixel article 

With money well spent of new computer it is time you also upgraded the software to the Photography Plan (20GB) and be pleased with the many new features and regular upgrades. $9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA) 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent, thank you so much for your response. I will try step 3 and then move on to step 6. I greatly appreciate all of your information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines