Adobe Lightroom 6 not loading properly

New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Lightroom 6 under Windows 10 without problems for a couple of years.
Now, for some reason it has stopped loading properly.  When I run the Lightroom.exe, it appears to load ok and displays the Lighroom window with list of Catalog, Folders & Collections on the left and the Develop functions, etc on the right.  However, before I can take any further action, the window disappears and the program appears to kill instelf.

I have tried the following so far :-
1) Deleting the Catalog and creating a new, empty catalogue.
2) Deleting the app and installing a new, clean version in the same location
3) Deleting the app and installing a new, clean version in a different location.

None of the above seem to make any difference. Every time I try it, the program appears to load ok and then kills itself.  Can anyone suggest what may be wrong and a possible remedy ?

Thanks,
Keith Smith

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of people have been reporting that older versions of LR 6 no longer run.  Try installing LR 6.14 (the last version of LR) following the instructions here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/update-lightroom-6-0-to-6-14/m-p/108193...

Several have reported that fixes their issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try resetting your Lightroom preferences?
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Windows: Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys.
While holding down the keys, launch Lightroom Classic.
When asked, select "Yes". 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines