• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the classic lightroom 6 version 6.3 installed on my new computer windows 10, now he can no longer read my raw photo of my sony a 9, the new photos and the old ones from last year, only in adobe for the rest in windows and other programs well. On my previous computer with windows 7 everything went well. I also installed the latest camera raw from Adobe, but nothing helps

[Mod: Moved to the appropriate Lightroom forum]

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need at least lightroom 6.10.1 to open Sony A9 ARW files.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

In Lightroom 6 go to Help>Check for Updates to get Lightroom 6.14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the latest update version 6.3 en camera raw 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Lightroom 6.3 (Six.Three) is not the latest version of Lightroom 6.

6.3 will not open your Sony files.

Lightroom 6.14 (Six.Fourteen) is the newest version of Lightroom 6

Lightroom has camera raw built-in so the camera raw 12.1 plugin for photoshop doesn't make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked in Windows 7 with the same lightroom, how is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't. Since lightroom on your windows 7 likely was updated to a newer version and now that you installed it on windows 10 you lost that update.

In Lightroom 6 just go to Help>Check for Updates and hopefully that will work to get Lightroom 6.14 which will open your Sony A9 AFW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Community Professional, Mar 17, 2019

I found this in the community

Lightroom 6 is a dead horse. It died a long time ago, but is becoming more and more obsolete as Lightroom Classic CC continues to be updated and enhanced. Apparently Adobe has decided not only to not sell it anymore but to stop even making the updates available. If you want to continue using Lightroom and having the "latest" then it will be necessary to subscribe. If you want to use the lame excuse that you don't want to rent your software, then you'll have to look somewhere else for your image editing software. There isn't a standalone Lightroom available anymore that will provide you with the latest features. In fact, there isn't any standalone version of Lightroom available for purchase anywhere. Even if you could find Lightroom 6 available on disk from some vendor, it would be version 6.0. You would have no avenue to upgrade to 6.14, which was the final update, because it is no longer available to download. In other words, you're just out of luck.

I have tried. There are no updates available. Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is solved, thank you very much, this new year starts well. Happy new year for you and the family.From Belgium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What was the solution? I can't find it in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What issue are you having with which Lightroom version and operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lr 6.0 on Windows 10. Need to update because RAW-files from Olympus E-M1 Mark II is not supported.

I have until now used Canon 7D and 5D II cameras, and no need to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't log in to my Adobe Account at all from Lr 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom 6 if you go to Help>Check for Updates what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thank you for helping me.

If I go Help>Check for updates Lr ask me to log in with my AdobeID. I do so with email adress and password, and then also a code from sms.

Login fails with the message "Unable to authenticate your AdobeID. Please log in with your AdobeID to continue using your software."

I have no problem logging in to the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you'll find the appropriate download links for the latest LR6 version (6.14).

Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Direct Download Links – Free Trials | ProDesignTools

Scroll down to the section "Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Direct Download Links"

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Do I need to prepare anything before updating, when not from Help>update in Lr?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to prepare anything before updating, when not from Help>update in Lr?

By @leifj46621952

No. But I'll recommend that you do a full backup. In case something goes wrong.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Full backup meaning: Which Lightroom Files Do I Need to Backup?

Of course, in my opinion, you should regularly be doing this, in which case you wouldn't normally need to do a backup just because you are updating your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines