• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom Classic - Image Rating Super Slow after v11.3 (Including Video Recordings)

New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm stucked to v11.2 of Lightroom Classic.

Every version after that is unusable slow.

I have to 5-10 seconds for placing a rating or color. Other things are also slow, just on the rating it's quite easy to see as it should be instant, as it was with v11.2

You can see it in this video for version:

https://youtu.be/3kow_JeNTc4   (HD will be ready in about ~30minutes)

v11.2: Fast and direct rating

v11.3: Slow (5-10 seconds)

v12.3: Still slow (somethings it's faster by luck, but also much slower > 10seconds! Check the third time rating to 5 stars)

What I've already tried:

- GPU Acceleration On / Off / Auto --> No difference

- Import catalog into new one --> Fast at the begin, but after half of the images slow again

- Optimized catalog --> No difference

My setup:

Intel i7-12700KF

32GB RAM

Nvidia RX3070 TI

Windows 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An issue was identifed recently that caused the symptons you describe. It's not clear how long this particular issue has been affecting users, but I think it worth checking whether the solution provided in the pinned response in below linked thread helps. Strictly speaking it shouldn't as a fix went into 12.3, but some users continue to see it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-lrc-12-2-1-fails-to-start-launch-or-is-extre...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast response. This is not fixing the issue on my machine. There is even no metrics.json file on my machine.

Do you have any other hint? - I'm paying for Lightroom and stucked to such an old version missing all the new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The json file is not visible if LrC is open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Triple-check that the file metrics.json isn't present following these precise steps:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-lrc-12-2-1-fails-to-start-launch-or-is-extre...

Finding the file can be a little tricky.

2. Is the option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP checked or unchecked?

3. Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I've searched based on the precise steps, but the file is really not present.

2. This option was already deactivated

3. Done, but it didn't solved the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried so far:

- Full reinstallation of Windows

- Upgrade CPU from 12700K to 13700K

Still no difference.

When I reduce the size of my catalog, exporting parts of it. The speed will be faster.

Is there a maximum image size per catalog in the newer versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines