• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom Classic Overwrites everything in the cloud

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im mad right now. So I imported lots of photos on m PC in Lightroom Classic, synced them with adobe creative cloud and edited them on my laptop with Lightroom CC. Around 300 Photos. Then I opened Lightroom Classic to Sync it again and to export it with full resolution since the raw files are on my PC. That did not work and Lightroom classic only synced a couple of them and overwrote some others in the cloud with the raw, unedited version. Some others it did not even sync at all. I then thought I could trigger the sync by flagging and unflagging all of the photos, but the only thing I did was it overwrote EVERTHING with the unedited version. What can I do now? Is there a way to get my edits back? Why tf did that happen? This literally means 10+ hours of work gone for me..

I used the latest Lightroom Classic and CC Windows versions.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

I have the same problem. It is extremly frustrating - I cannot trust Adobe anymore.
LRC is wonderful for importing, file management and previews. But the develop UI is just unbearable. CC is nice to edit but everything else is BS. Hence I import in LRC, sync with smart previews to the cloud and then edit on CC (all on the same laptop).
I even do not open both at the same time, and always wait until the sync is finished. Now a lot of times, LRC will just overwrite any edits made to the photos. Ther

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you take a screenshot of the system clock on both systems and post them here please?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20211111_152208.jpg

Hey!

Thank you for answering. They are both accurate and set to the right time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic's preferences do you have AutoWrite XMP checked?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mxxfun_0-1636641999393.png

No I dont. What exactly does that mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and it is incredibly frustrating. In some instances LRC will overwrite a few images here and there and it's a wild goose chase trying to figure out which ones it overwrote. Ostensibly makes this process worthless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. It is extremly frustrating - I cannot trust Adobe anymore.
LRC is wonderful for importing, file management and previews. But the develop UI is just unbearable. CC is nice to edit but everything else is BS. Hence I import in LRC, sync with smart previews to the cloud and then edit on CC (all on the same laptop).
I even do not open both at the same time, and always wait until the sync is finished. Now a lot of times, LRC will just overwrite any edits made to the photos. There is no warning, no history to revert, no backup in CC, etc. It is just unusable when I cannot trust that my edits will be safe.

Is there any way to debug, or solve this?
Either that or get your applications fixed Adobe! A new UI for LRC and connection to the discover featured would be more than enough to kick out CC from my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines