Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom Classic too slow and Battery drain in Mac Pro 15-inch 2018

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to Mac book. I've started editing in Lightroom Classic(all updates done till 12 Feb 2020) on Mac(updated Catakina v 10.15.3). 

I have my data on Mac internal and External WD 2TB hard drive, I face severe. slowness while working with Lightroom Classic. While Importing RAW Files and Exproting Raw to JPEG.. it takes too much time and Lightroom hangs for that period. also Copy paste for batch editing takes too much time. 

I cannot do any editing if there is import or export in progress. 

I also see my Battery drains too fast if working on Lightroom. battery drains in 40Min to 1.5 hours. 

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

Processor:  2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, depending on MACBook, if on battery power MACOS will throttle CPU and GPU down, plug that MACBook in.

Second off, depending on MACBook, and battery health, the MACBook might act as if you are not plugged in if that battery gets low (how low?, have no idea)

Be aware, that Lightroom Classic does not behave the same way in terms of resource usage as say Photoshop. So, do not compare CPU, GPU, Battery, RAM use/abuse between LRC and PS. (just trying to forestall, a But Why)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I correct in assuming you have your source image files on the external drive, and your Lightroom catalog on the internal Mac book drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tony, I'm having similar issues as the OP and saw your response.  I have the catalog on the internal MacBook drive and source files on an external drive.  Adobe suggested I do that a while back when having some non-related issues.  In your experience, is it best to have the catalog on the external drive as well or what are your 2 cents on that piece?

Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines