• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Security

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I log in to my Adobe account directly, from my laptop, there is a connection based in New York which calls itself the "current session".   I can't get rid of that session, and I don't live in New York. Prior to that there was a session from "Ashton" that I was able to remove.  I have no idea where Ashton is. 

In my Adobe app, I can see other sessions from my location which appear legitimate, and appear to be when I am logging in to Lightroom from one of the two devices I'm authorized to use.  

When I use the adobe "Log out and end all sessions" it doesn't "end all sessions".  It ends all session except the one from New York, and I remain logged in.  I can't get rid of the New York session. 

Should this be something to worry about? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture of what you see. Please use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen capture in your reply. Do NOT attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_0650.jpeg

This is the log-in today, after I changed my Adobe password. "New York" dropped to the end, which is unusual because normally I would log in and it would say "New York" was my current session regardless of the other entries. I've since ended the New York session but I'm curious now about all the other sessions. 

I launched Lightroom from two different devices and I am now logged out of Lightroom everywhere.  What's up with the Apple mail sessions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out of all sessions. Then sign in on the computer or device you want to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to use the feature. I did as you said multiple times before I submitted my original text.  It appears the feature wasn't working, and it appeared to be indicative of a potential security problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't end "New York" session because it's your current session.

I guess you are using VPN or something similar.

Your location is determined by your IP address and may not be accurate if you are using VPN or proxy server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adobe command is "log out and end all sessions".   

When I use the adobe "Log out and end all sessions" it doesn't "end all sessions".  It ends all session except the one from New York, and I remain logged in.  I can't get rid of the New York session. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you seeing the connection locations? Are you using utility software such as the map in Little Snitch?

With many of today’s applications, it’s normal to see connections from many places because of components that do things like check for updates, check licensing status sync cloud content such as photos and libraries, etc. The servers for different services may be in various locations around the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No other apps. And all the other sessions are within my general area.  My sessions are actually my sessions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, that screenshot you shared is probably from your account at Adobe.com. That is you were at Adobe.com, signed in, and managing your account, specifically looking at /Account and Security/Sign in and Security/Activev sessions.

Any device that you have signed into the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, but have not signed out, will be included as active, even if the device is turned off.

You stated you logged out of LrC?? That may not affect the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App sign in status. Could be very wrong on that, not at a location to test.

On each device, be it a computer, a iPad, a SmartPhone, sign out in the Adobe Creative Cloud App. Then revisit Adobe.com (may/probably, be in a not signed in status) Sign in, and look again.

P.S. your current location, and New York, how far apart? Could your Internet provider have been providing services from NY? Thinking first server any traffic may have been going thru on the Internet, Web side of your LAN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines