• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

advanced Exif data in lightroom?

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently found out that the Exif data records items such as AF mode (AFAreaMode). I can get this info by uploading my image(s) to a website that returns all the exif data. However Lightroom doesn't show this anywhere that I can see in the meta data section

Is there any way, or any plugin I can get that will allow me to display this type of information for my images, in lightroom?

Thanks

Andrew

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the Any Filter Plugin by John Ellis.  An excellent and well maintained plugin.

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyfilter.htm 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it looks more like a meta data filter tool and processor having read the information.

all i want to do is quickly view how the photo was taken, was it with spot mode in servo or was it with tracking mode etc while I am going through my workflow, just as I would to see the aperture, shutter speed or ISO, I just want the data visible either in the libruary view or the meta data section if possible, I don't want to have to go somewhere else to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Metadata panel in Library and choose Default at the top.  Then go to the bottom and choose Customize.  There is a lot more there that can be displayed than normally although maybe not what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that before posting, its rather incomplete vs whats actually in the file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC has never been all that complete in metadata presentation. It does not by itshelf show every possible metadata field, many fields that could be useful are not shown. Workaround is via plugin.

I do not know if an existing request for change, an idea, exists. At least one probably does. But perhaps you should go and create one. Click on the Ideas tab, Post to Community, give a good description, place context as to why, and what. make positive arguments fir why, specify what fields should be added. Recommend you limit fields to those the camera manufactures play nice with, some exist that are not well regulated and manufactures feel free to use them for various reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Metadata Viewer plugin will display all the metadata in a photo, including all the fields that LR doesn't show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this seems to be more like what I am looking for. Although not as easy as default at least it will show me the info when I need it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines