• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Afficher le type de mesure dans les métadonnées dans lightroom - Display metering mode in lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjour,

Je cherche à afficher le type de mesure d'une photo (matricielle, spot, etc) dans les métadonnées de lightroom.

Hi,

I'm looking to display photo's metering mode (matrix, spot, etc) in lightroom's metadata.

Thank's

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

The Metadata panel's EXIF tagset displays Metering Mode:

johnrellis_0-1676707187119.png

You can add that field to the Default tagset by clicking Customize at the buttom of the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Metadata panel's EXIF tagset displays Metering Mode:

johnrellis_0-1676707187119.png

You can add that field to the Default tagset by clicking Customize at the buttom of the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much !
You are right I just saw this data and I added it to the default tagset.
But now I see a problem:
The 4 modes with my nikon z7 are: matrix, Center-weighted Metering, spot metering and Highlight-weighted Metering.
The first 3 modes are displayed correctly but for pictures (NEF) with the Highlight-weighted mode the field remains empty.
I think this is an issue with Nikon and not Lightroom but if you have any info on this.... I search via Google but can't find anything.
Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The EXIF standard only provides these values for Metering Mode: Unknown, Average, Center-weighted average, Spot, Multi-spot, Multi-segment, Partial, Other. But manufacturers often record additional metering modes in the MakerNotes (per-manufacturer metadata fields). There is no standard governing MakerNotes, and LR doesn't display them.  To see MakerNotes, you'll need the Metadata Viewer plugin, and to search them, the Any Filter plugin, e.g.

johnrellis_0-1676738059847.png

Since MakerNotes aren't documented, it takes some experimentation to see which fields are relevant for your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your quick response.
What you are describing once again highlights the complexity of exif data, especially when brands do not comply with standards.
But I'm going to solve the problem differently: if the field is empty it means that the Highlight-weighted Metering mode has been used. Simple hahaha.
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines