Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After deleting - the file is restored automatically

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i did the update now everytime i deleted a file from LRc it restores it on its own, Im trying to edited and delete files from a show and its doing my head in cause now i have to sort through 5000 files again to delete. When i go back to all images the ones i have been deleting are still there, Why is this happening, please fix it or i will look for a new program 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now they wont even premantly delete from the deleted folder.....................GRRRRR

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"from a show"?  Are you possibly 'deleting' while you are viewing a Collection?

Deleting while 'in' a Collection will only 'Remove' the image from the Collection. It does not delete the image from the Hard-drive folder or the Catalog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats the problem its not removing them they are still there. I always import and scroll through edit what i want to keep export them to an external folder and delete what i dont want as i go through. They normal would delete from my collection and be in the deleted folder, they are not doing that. And i cant delete what is in my deleted folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in a Collection?

Is that a Smart Collection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still not following your workflow!

Thats the problem its not removing them they are still there.

Removing from where? Collections, Folders, the Catalog, the Hard-drive?

I always import and scroll through edit what i want to keep export them to an external folder

Why are you "Exporting"?  Please explain. Not necessary if you keep the originals in the Catalog.

and delete what i dont want as i go through. They normal would delete from my collection

Do you mean a "Collection" that is shown in the LrC  Collection Panel? ie. the Lightroom meaning of the word "Collection"? Or something else? It has been explained- [Delete] in a Collection: does NOT remove images from the Catalog and Hard-drive!

and be in the deleted folder,

What is a "deleted folder"? Do you mean the OS Trash or Recycle Bin?

Why are you not using the (Rejected Flag)  to mark images that are to be easily deleted with one keyboard shortcut in Grid View?

Delete rejected photo(s)

Windows [Ctrl + Backspace]

Mac [Command + Delete]

WARNING:- There is a keyboard shortcut-  [ aka SPLAT DELETE ] which will, immediately and without a dialog prompt, remove selected photos from anywhere in Lightroom-Classic and from your hard disk. There is no recovery from the 'Splat'  shortcut. I do not advise it.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines