• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after October 2022 update all catalogs missing and backups wont work

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the October 2022 update (V12) and now i have lost all my calaogs, when trying to use backups it wont allow  them to work as not compatible with updated version. Is there am issue as when updating i said to keep my settings etc. Has anyone else experiened this and did the manage to fix. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of us cannot view attachments here in the Adobe forums. So I have not seen your attachment. Please include it in your reply by using the "Insert Photos" icon and not by file attachment.

... and now i have lost all my calaogs

Why do you say this? What is the evidence? Have you searched for your catalog using your operating system's search feature to search all folders on all disks for all files whose names end with .LRCAT?

when trying to use backups it wont allow them to work as not compatible with updated version.

Why do you say this? What is the evidence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the error again. It does not say that the backup is not compatible. It says that the backup isn't writable. Backups are normally zipped. It's unclear to me if you are perhaps looking inside a ZIP package, but that would explain it. Otherwise the unzip process may have set the wrong read/write permissions.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That backup, if via LrC backup, is a compressed file, did you unzip it? You should as a precaution copy it to a different folder, then unzip it.

GoldingD_0-1666209824424.jpeg

Authors image that was attached shown above

As for missing catalogs. If your preference file is corrupt, then LrC upon upgrading the catalog (if you just started LrC via the shortcut icon) might attempt to use the wrong catalog, might wind up making a fresh new catalog as opposed to a new copy) . So, are the old catalogs actually gone if you use your OS File manager to look for them? When you find the correct one, double click om it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines