• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Update Lightroom changes File Attributes of the lrdata Folders to S(System)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the Update of Lightroom. Lightroom start to change the File Attributes of the Following Folder/Files to S (System)

siegfrieda48443840_0-1668079689647.png

How can I avoid that? 

I need to change this behaviour because Sync Tool won't sync this Files anymore.

Regards

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Based on that screenshot, I see nothing telling me they are system file types. How about including File Type in the view. The icons shown, stating Data, do not indicate system.

2. What is Sync Tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hier is a Screenshot with the Attributes:

siegfrieda48443840_0-1668098191104.png

2. I use Synology Drive Client for syncing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So File Type is "Dateiordner" or "File Folder"

And Attribute is SD

This looks just like one of my folders:

Image 001.png

Not a system file. I am not aware of an issue.But I do not use Synology (perhaps another member does???)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

mine looks the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Synology Drive Client for syncing

Does that mean your catalog is on the cloud, or are you just posting copies of images to the cloud?

And do you keep your working photos on the cloud or a local hard drive?

Or do I have the wrong info on what that does? Is it for the cloud, or for a NAS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am syncing the Catalog Data  that means the .lrcat, .lrdata, etc...

siegfrieda48443840_0-1668101938908.png

so i can use the same catalog with previews and all other things on more than one PC.

It worked fine for years.

But since last update of Adobe Lightroom I get an error from Synology Drive client that it can't sync the .lrdata files becomes of the Attributes ( Synology is not Supporting Files with S as attribute).

If I change the Attribute manually it works fine. But if I open Lightroom , Lightroom sets the Attribute back to S. And the sync is not working anymore.

So Lightroom must have changed this behaviour:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, those folders are also marked as System in my LR 12.0.1 / Windows 10.  I see the same behavior: After I remove the System attribute using "attrib" at the command line and then restart LR, those files will reacquire the System attribute as soon as LR writes into those folders.

Seems gratuitous...but good luck in getting Adobe to pay attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried to setup up Synology Drive (latest version as of the time of this post) the same way and have the same problem.  Just to be clear for everyone.  All my catalog files are on my local system on an SSD that is directly attached to the computer, and I am not looking to move that off to my NAS or the cloud.  Even with 2.5 GB ethernet, it is not fast enough.  I want to ensure I have copies of my catalog files and make it easier to move between a Desktop and a Laptop when I am working with a catalog.  Now I know this works on Mac, and there are no limitations.  

I request everyone who sees this or has posted to this thread to upvote so we can get Adobe to see it and respond.  Also, request an enhancement with Synology to see if they can support an exception for folders and backup even if Lightroom is not creating folders correctly.  

Clearly, Adobe is doing this for a reason, and it would be good to understand why.  As a highly technical individual with a stronger understanding of systems and networks, I see no reason they are doing this or, at the minimum, giving people the option.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines