• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After updating Lightroom Classic and Photoshop Edit in photoshop is greyed out.

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating both lightroom v.11 classic and photoshop 2022 (and reinstalled Photoshop) when I try to right click picture in Lightroom and use dropdown to Deit in Photoshop it is greyed out, this worked great in previous versions.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that your photo is not 'missing', for example because your photo disk is offline. If you use smart previews then you could still edit the photo in Lightroom, but if you want to send it to Photoshop then you must have the original available.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening with me. I can no longer "Edit in Photoshop". It just duplicates a photo in lightroom cc and doesn't actually open up photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default7fbrcj7l0yo0 wrote:

Same thing is happening with me. I can no longer "Edit in Photoshop". It just duplicates a photo in lightroom cc and doesn't actually open up photoshop. 

If the versions of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop/Camera Raw match, then you should not have Lightroom creating a duplicate. In that case Lightroom instructs Photoshop to open the raw image, it does not create a duplicate itself. So if that duplicate is created when you send a raw photo to Photoshop, then that is a clear sign that Photoshop/Camera Raw is not yet updated, or something went wrong with the update.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling Photoshop, then reinstalling Photoshop.

Also, another issue occurs for some, did Camera RAW plugin upgrade properly? You might have to also fix that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional item to check. The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App used to update Camera RAW if an update was available When you updated Photoshop. Thus occurred even if you did not click on the update button fir Camera RAW. Hence, we are all in the habit of not paying close attention to that process.

Now, and this occurred when I accomplished the big upgrade, After upgrading PS, the update for ACR, that I had not checked, did not automatically get updated.

Ok, s change, no skin off my nose.

HOWEVER, did you update ACR to v14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you have upgraded the apps do the following before you beginning working with the applications, boot the applications so it will be confirmed the applications have installed successfully.

Next shut down your computer and allow it to power off.

Then restart your computer.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We apologize for the challenges you're having trouble sending files from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop for further editing. Please refer to the troubleshooting article below, which offers solutions to address the following problems: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-edit-in-errors.html?cgen=6JMR79DQ&mv=other

1. The "Edit In" command is grayed out.
  2. The "Edit In Photoshop" command is missing.
  3. The "Edit In" command fails to open photos in Photoshop.

We hope the suggested solutions in the article will assist in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines