• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After upgrade I am unable to locate Snapshots or History

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic upgrade v10 to v11 - the upgrade seems not to have brought forward the photo SnapShots or History from the previous version and seems to have overwritten the catalog back up settings - both significant weaknesses. These have caused significant disruption to my processing and this is a very poor way to upgrade the product. 

Coo ... now I can't tell whether this post has been accepted. The Post button gives no clue as to whether the post has been successful or not! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI setting the catalog settings to "store presets with catalog" will make LrC look for its develop presets in a different place, and save any brand new user presets into that place (so they are not visible to any other catalog), but checking this option will not copy your current centrally stored presets into that place. You would need to do that yourself, as a separate operation.

You are then in a situation where each catalog (that's set this way) maintains its own independent set of presets. You may have no intention of running with more than one catalog at a given time, but still, the next time LrC needs to convert up to a new version, this presets issue would need to be dealt with again.

IMO, the default option of NOT storing presets with catalog is the best way to ensure your current set of presets will be, by default and in a live manner, also visible to any future catalog. Only if you want the presets seen by different catalogs to have started from a blank slate, and to potentially differ, should you choose the other option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Richard, that is clear. 

I now notice that I can see the preset directories by clicking the buttons in the LR Presets Preferences window, which makes it easier to keep track of them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines