• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI masks needs to be updated all the time

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I edit new pictures with AI masks, previous pictures with AI mask needs to be update all the time.

Even with update AI settings. after a while. It needs to be updated again.

LR Classic Version 12.2

Windows 10 22H2

[moved from bugs to discussions - Mod.]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

It is. But I've noticed it is read-only file. Is it supposed to be that?

By @PhakornS

No, that doesn't make sense, because that means Lightroom can't save any changes in it (which would explain what you see). Maybe you should delete it completely, so Lightroom can rebuild it when you update all masks one more time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share some more details on your gear ... CPU, GPU and VRAM, RAM ...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel 8700K

Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

16GB of  DDR4 Memory

LR CC Library is stored on USB 3.0 external SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the GPU driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Studio Driver 528.24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try if it helps to reset the preferences, as this is known to help with various issues:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this does not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesnt fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI masks are stored separately from the catalog in 'catalogname.lrcat-data'. Are you sure this is kept with your catalog at all times? If it's removed, then you'll have to update all masks.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @PhakornS

No, that doesn't make sense, because that means Lightroom can't save any changes in it (which would explain what you see). Maybe you should delete it completely, so Lightroom can rebuild it when you update all masks one more time.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Auto Sync turned on?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both on or make no difference. Still needs to update AI masks after edit new pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same in Lr Classic 12.1. Seems like a bug to me.

3080, ryzen 9 5950x, 64 ram, plenty of available ssd space for cache, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same in Lr Classic 12.1. Seems like a bug to me.

3080, ryzen 9 5950x, 64 ram, plenty of available ssd space for cache, etc.

By @Frank_B

No, it's something on your machine that stops Lightroom from saving the masks. If it were a bug, then everybody would complain. Two people (out of millions) having the same problem is not an indication for a bug.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to did the trick. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you do to fix your problem?  i have had this issue for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough. Removing the mentioned file did the trick. Maybe it grew to big or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough. Removing the mentioned file did the trick. Maybe it grew to big or something.

By @Frank_B

No, I don't think that it grew too big. If that was the case, then deleting it and then updating all mask would recreate the problem, because recreating all masks should create a new file that is just as big as the old one. It's more likely that something happened that made it read-only. Like the OP noticed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think my laptop messed up the file. Because for some reason that laptop has a tendency to corrupt the library. I don't use LR on that laptop anymore though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly did you do to fix the problem? Because I'm having this issue and it's really messing up my time management on getting images out to clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think I figured it out, as least as it relates to my case (MacOS)

My lightroom files were all stored in iCloud Drive, thus they were uploaded and downloaded at their own grace. 

I realized that the AI masks had to be updated every time I close and reopen Lightroom. 

I moved all the Lightroom files onto my local disk and then opened LRC from there and recomputed some masks. 

Then I closed and reopened the lightroom, and problem solved, the Masks would remain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of the cloud services act as network drives, which Lightroom doesn't like. At least we have a solution that can be used for others based on this information. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files are stored on my actual mac hard drive and not cloud.  Any suggestions for me?  I am havin gthis same issue.  Have had them for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So not in Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, pCloud, or any other service that has a folder available on the machine to drag to? Just a regular folder on the drive. 

What I'd try is renaming the lrcat-data file to make it look like it's deleted, then I'd restart Lightroom. It will have to regenerate the masks again, but hopefully just the once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines