I updated Lightroom Classic to 11.0 today and I noticed right away that my entire catalog library was collapsed down to the root folders.
I have a system where I maintain folders expanded and collapse certain ones when I am done with them, so having every single subfolder collapsed to the parent folder completely invalidates my workflow.
I am assuming this is because when the catalog was migrated from version 10 to 11, the saved information on which folders were expanded was not migrated.
Is there a way to resolve this issue? Has anyone else encountered this problem?
The issue was that the folder organization WAS the point. I had folders opened until they were completed then I collapsed them to mark them as finished. I have litereally thousands of folders and I have no way of knowing which folders are in need of processing. Had a warning been given that all my folders were going to be collapsed, I probably would have marked them with a color or something.
That is a very poor workflow indeed, and I am afraid there is no way to make Lightroom recall what folders were expanded after all are collapsed. So the answer to "how to resolve" is that there is no way to resolve that, except perhaps taking the old catalog and do the upgrade again, this time after you have marked the folders or marked the images.