• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All photos catalog not showing dates

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously when I chose the All Photos catalog in the left panel, there was a dropdown in that panel with years and months to choose from, but the dropdown is no longer showing. How do I get it back?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of the software are you using? What version NUMBER?

Please be more specific ... was the dropdown the Folders Panel where the folders are named by capture date? Or was it something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, a full-resolution screenshot of your entire LR window is worth more than a thousand words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom is up to date 11.4.1. The months and years came up when I clicked on the All Photos catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about Lightroom Classic, then I believe you are talking about the Library Filter bar. That bar comes up if you click on 'Text', 'Attribute' or 'Metadata' and it disappears when you click on 'None'. Dates are metadata, so click on 'Metadata'. You will see several columns, that you can change yourself by clicking on the column header at the top left of the column. You can also add or remove columns by clicking in the top right.

1 2022-07-19 11-44-38.jpg

If this is not what you meant, then perhaps you are confusing Lightroom Classic with Lightroom desktop. Lightroom desktop has the dates in the top left panel:

1 2022-07-19 11-51-31.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for furture reference,  The items shown in the "Catalog" panel are not catalogs as the panel name would imply.  They are "special collections" that are created and managed by LrC itself.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines