• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt on Hue in Color Grading doesn't show saturation to 100%

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR 4/5, in the previously called "Split Tones" panel, pressing alt when moving the Hue slider would show the hue with 100% saturation. That was very helpful to quickly get the right color.

Today, in the revamped Color Grading tool, the alt key doesn't affect the Hue anymore.

Workaround: set saturation manually, set hue, revert saturation.

However, if I'm happy with my saturation, doing so means I have to remember the value I was at.

It is also extra steps that are not necessary.

M1 MBA / macOS 12.2.1 / LR 11.2

M1 MBA / 16 GB / macOS 12.4 / LrC 11.4.1
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that setting saturation to 100 is easier than trying to keep the dot on the edge of the wheel.

If deviating from the edge, the saturation changes which can give a wrong feeling in what color is being set.

M1 MBA / 16 GB / macOS 12.4 / LrC 11.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect this is due to the color model being used where Saturation is separate from Hue by design.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines