• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternative Crop option for Control Surfaces?

Participant ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropping can be tedious when doing a lot of photos in a row. I use 2-finger drag and BetterTouchTool to make it quicker, but I had an idea - maybe there's a way to do it now, or maybe it needs implemented. But for Control Surfaces (I use a Loupedeck CT currently), imagine if you went into crop, then instead of reaching for the mouse or touchpad, you could use only dials. For example, one dial to bring the upper right corner in or out, and another dial for the lower left. With those two dials, you can quickly crop most photos. If fine-tuning is needed, you can use a 3rd dial to slide the whole crop left or right, and a 4th for up or down.

Of course, I'm thinking of fixed-ratio crops here... if the ratio is unlocked, this wouldn't work. But... maybe we have it locked, but then two additional knobs, could adjust height and width independently even when locked (if the user has enabled the feature). That would be a total of 6 knobs, which coincidentally is how many the Loupedeck CT has (not counting the big knob, which could be used for rotate, or switching between preset ratios, etc.)

Am I the only one who would like this?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I can tell, there's nothing in the sdk that lets change crop parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines