• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternative method to select an edit box.

Advocate ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have a question:  is there a way to select an edit box other than by clicking it ?

A kbsc?!

P.S.

I know the KBSC to cycle between edit boxes once selected.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

"You are the expert here so do you know if by any chance the API allows to select directly an edit box?"

Unfortunately, the SDK allows the value of a slider to be changed, but doing so doesn't change which slider is currently selected in the UI, nor is there any documented way of causing the edit field on the right of the slider to be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Edit Box"? Do you mean a Panel?

Maybe these KBSCs are relevent to your question-

2022-12-18 08_24_18-CLASSIC KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS 10-2022.pdf - Foxit PDF Reader.jpg2022-12-18 08_21_45-CLASSIC KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS 10-2022.pdf - Foxit PDF Reader.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pulled this from Julieanne Kost's blog.

https://jkost.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/2022_LightroomClassic_Shortcuts.pdf

• In the Library and Develop Modules, each Panel has it’s own shortcut depending on it’s placement in the panel.
- Command + Control + 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. (Mac) | Control + Shift +0, 1, 2 3 etc. (Win) expands/contracts the left side panels. - Command + 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. (Mac) | Control + 0, 1, 2, 3, etc (Win) will expands/contracts the right side panels.
- Note: in other modules, the panel shortcuts vary and are listed under Window > Panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob_Cullen @Theresa J 

I am talking about eidt boxes not panels.

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 03.00.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the [TAB] key, after selecting one box.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the [TAB] key, after selecting one box.

By @Rob_Cullen

I know that one already.

I was wondering if we could use a kbsc to directly select an edit box.

Maybe it's doable via the API !? 🧐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Maybe it's doable via the API !?" Maybe- but out of my league, sorry. You will need to wait for a more learned reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Rob_Cullen 

@johnrellis 

You are the expert here so do you know if by any chance the API allows to select directly an edit box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You are the expert here so do you know if by any chance the API allows to select directly an edit box?"

Unfortunately, the SDK allows the value of a slider to be changed, but doing so doesn't change which slider is currently selected in the UI, nor is there any documented way of causing the edit field on the right of the slider to be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

I guess the only way to achieve what I need would be to use "Speech controls"

E.g.

Speech: user says "Texture" > texture edit box is selected.

That would allow to work fast also with Metadata fields.

But speech accuracy at today is still so poor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines