• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

an internal error occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday and today, when deleting rejected files from my disk, I've received the following error: "an internal error occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value."  What's going on?  This catalog seems OK, Lightroom CC Classic is working, but this is a new twist. What causes this, and what can I do to fix it? I'd rather not do anything that will destabilize my catalog, it's got 13 years of photos and data for a long term research project on harbor seals. Suggestions please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Since no answer exist for this issue and I have encountered the same error while creating a new "Folder" and "Gallery" in Lightroom Publishing services - only to encounter this error.

I did find a FIX -

* - Edit settings for the Plug In (Assuming this is the item that is having the issue - for me it was)

* - Under the Publishing and Syncing panel make sure "Sync Photos" is check and then click on the "Sync Now" button.

This fixed all for me and all is working as should be now.  After doing this, I

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. Now sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think that was the error which started this thread.   Glad you have been able to fix your problem.

Unfortunately Adobe have a near monopoly, so they don't have to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!!!!  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh, what is "this" that worked, please?  We are clearly not alone in having this error msg.

I am running LR 7.4, with macOS 10.13.6, & everything "stock."  While cleaning up & organizing a sizable collection, some photo files became "lost" a & some devolved down to blank grey with no detail info.  Then I get the internal error msg.

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 2.55.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me...I also created a new catalog and imported all from an old catalog. I am and have been using a SmugMug plug-in for years. I all of a suddeen get the error: (An internal error has occurred:  ?:0 attempt to index a nil value). I am running LR Classic V12.0.1....(HELP)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started getting this message and now can't publish updates to Smugmug (uploading new images).  This all started after creating new files on smugmug to import to.  Tried the the above recommendation with sync in sync now but still no joy. 

LR Error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a similar message that just started today when trying to upload photos to Instagram - Login Error ?:0: attempt to index field 'logged_in_user' (a nil value).  I tried updating to latest Instagram plug-in, disabling and re-enabling. I keep getting this error message when I try to set up Instagram under Publish Services.  Using Lightroom Classic CC V7.5, Mac OSX High Sierra V10.13. I get to the set up screen, enter my user name and password and then get the Error Message.  The login goes through to Instagram as I get an email to that effect but it won't setup the plugin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lrplug.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the only one we gt the same issue the same day. I have tried the same. No joy. Help or direction would be appreciated to please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the LR plugin from time to time. Today it happened 'after' a LR update.

My solution was to delete the plugin and the re-install it.

It worked for me on more than one occasion.

My guess is that the LR update resets some of the plugin registration settings and they can only be recreated by reinstalling the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried some additional things to try and resolve this to no avail. Uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom even going back a couple of releases.  I went back to an earlier catalogue before the issue started and it seemed to resolve the issue since at least the Instagram plug-in was installed and running.  However when I tried to upload a photo using the publish to Instagram I got the above error message again.  I have tried unloading and reloading plug-in but it won't let me reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have reported that the most recent version of the LR/Instagram plugin (0.6.1575) fixes the recent problems people have been having:

Re: Instagram Add On

LR/Instagram plugin just starting giving an error

Re: LR/Instagram plugin params load error while trying to publish a photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In File > Plug-In Manager, verify you are actually running the most recent version of the LR/Instagram plugin(0.6.1577). Make sure any old versions are removed from Plug-In Manager. It looks like this most recent version is trying to better handle Instragram's new user authentication protocol introduced in September (according ot the plugin author), which is causing these various errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I updated to 0.61577 and removed the old version. A couple of days ago, I managed to log in and upload two images but the plug-in no longer moves the photos from "publish" to "published"

I tried again today to upload an image but now I'm getting a time out Error (408). Did a speed check on my connection and all is well

Very frustrating.  I'm stumped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same Error with the DXO OpticsPro  plug in "an internal error occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value. It was working fine until the newest rev of Light Room CC came out.  Adobe did something to Light Room CC that is driving a lot of the third party suppliers nuts.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you've downloaded the most recent version of the plugin. DXO has updated it recently to handle at least some of the recently introduced errors:  Export to DxO broken after update to LR 7.5 - DxO PhotoLab - DxO Forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of LR (Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ]) and no plugins whatsoever. And still I'm having this problem for months now, but only the first time a delete photo's!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of LR (Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ]) and no plugins whatsoever. And still I'm having this problem for months now, but only the first time a delete photo's!?

The error message comes from a low-level programming error that can be triggered by many different causes. In your case, many people have reported this error when deleting photos -- see this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic: "An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value" | Photoshop F... . Please post there with details of your issue, including the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error. When is this going to be fixed?

An internal error has occured.

?:0: attempt to index field 'rootFile' (a nil value)

I don't use or have an LR/IG plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this also while trying to delete 187 photos out of 289 from disk   Using latest LR CC Classic.  Has never been a problem before.  I don't use plug ins.

?:0: attempt to index field 'rootFile' (a nil value)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use plug ins.

Even if you don't use plugins, there may be plugin(s) installed without your knowledge triggering this bug, e.g. the LogiOptions plugin from Logitech.  Double-check in File > Plug-in Manager that all installed plugins are disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Googling on this issue, issues with plug-ins comes up a lot One culprit appears to be Logi-Options. If you have a Logitech mouse/keyboard, you may have installed this one. In my case, disabling the plugin does the trick. Other plug-ins may also be bugy, you may need to disable one at a time, restart LR, then see if you get positive results.

Sorry, I do not have the links at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My similar problem occurred on export - exact same error message, though. I found that I had a couple of stale plug-ins - one for the defunct Photoshop.com sharing service, removed them and my problem was solved.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 1.38.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good example, and a manager that gets overlooked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO, ADOBE, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ADDRESS THIS??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will throw in my 10 cents here. Judging form all the comments posted so far, it appears that the problem may have multiple causes. In my case I usually get the message when I have changed some keywords on multiple images and then save the changes. Clicking on the OK box lets me proceed with no noticeable problems other than is is a PITA to keep on getting this error. Hopefully Adobe will get around to fixing this!

For Adobe's info: I an running Lightroom classic cc version 8.1 (build 1200465) under Windows 10, version 1809 with 31 GB of memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines