Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying error

Participant ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hope you can help me on how to avoid this error? It happens even if I am moving a file to the sabe SSD.

Capturesaf.JPG

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of possible reasons for this, but the one that comes to my mind first is that you don't have write permission in both

• the source folder
  • the desitination folder

So check the permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, it's the PC hard drive. Also, this happens when I move several images (it can be 5, it can be 100), and there's always one that fails to move.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because you have write permission to the drive does NOT mean you have write permission to a specific folder. You need to check the permissions on the folders involved, not the drive involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder is on the PC main hard drive, I am the only user and administrater. Nevertheless, that would not make sense as I am moving several files and it's only just one that fails to move, and it is a lightroom issue as if I move it on the file explorer there are no issues.

Anyway, checked and as expected I have full permision for the folder and subfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, then it's not a permission problem.

Nevertheless, that would not make sense as I am moving several files and it's only just one that fails to move, and it is a lightroom issue as if I move it on the file explorer there are no issues.

I don't know why this would happen, but I suggest that from now on, you describe these key pieces of information in your original post instead of waiting until later to mention it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did mention it on the previous post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was referring to mentioning this important information in your original post, which would have then resulted in you and I not wasting time with permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a network drive, I would suspect timing problems. You are moving on the same disk and not from one disk to a different one?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it is the PC drive, gen 4 nvme, and moving on the same disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines