• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another Capture Date post

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted about this in another forum and got some helpful info. but still have questions.  Also, a member here was the person who helped, but im looking for more info.....  I have some older pictures from 2003,04, that i recently added to my LR catalog in order to add geotagging.  I understnd that photos w/o metadata, especially from older devices, when added to LR, LR will add the import / add  date as the capture date.  But what i dont understand is that the same photos that show the date added in LR as the capture date show the correct capture / date taken date on my iphone where the photos are synced to from my mac and on the unmolested external back up drive from older backup.  Why has LR changed some of the dates?  

Picture from LR folder w/ correct date

1.png

another pic in same folder where date was changed to the added date

2.png

this same picture from backup showing the correct date and the date it had before being added to LR.  So if this date was intact before being added to LR, it should not have been overridden by LR, right?

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 10.09.08 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference by others interested in this issue, see the previous conversation:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/botched-capture-dates-on-added-lr-photos.42813/post... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@johnrellis wrote:

For reference by others interested in this issue, see the previous conversation:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/botched-capture-dates-on-added-lr-photos.42813/post... 

Tks John. I was afraid to reference the LRQ post bc i thought there were a lot of different examples - different date issue AND the correct date showing in iphone but incorrect elsewhere....  and want to keep it simple with just one ex.  But, now that its here, i added yet one more example in the LRQ post.  Tks for the help and input and follow up.  I havent given up quite yet!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines