• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to create a shortcut in the Folders Panel in Library Module Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to create a shortcut to a specific folder in the Folders Panel in the Library Module?

After a shoot, I load images to my internal SSD for faster processing. After some time, I move them to an external HDD for archiving. It's a lot of clicking to get to the appropriate folder in the SSD (which I call Lightroom Staging) to the desired folder in my HDD.

Is there a way to create shortcuts in that panel so I don't have to click through the entire folder tree and instead go right to my desired folders. See screenshot

Yes, I know I really don't need a folder hierarchy when using Lightroom but old habits die slowly.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

To build on Rob's reply, you can mark folders or collections as favorites by right-clicking them and doing Mark Favorite.  In addition to filtering for folder favorites, you can quickly go to a favorited folder or collection using the sources menu at the top-left of the filmstrip:

johnrellis_0-1636870651291.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a quick hack: create a collection with a name that starts with an underscore or other special characters. Add one photo to the collection- a photo that lives in the folder you want to be able to get back to. 

Then, when you want to go there, open the Collections panel, find your special collection at the top of the list, and right click the photo - then choose "Go to folder in Library."

Not exactly what you were looking for, but maybe the fewest clicks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or use the 'Favourites' and 'Color Label' functions to allow you to 'filter' for so marked folders when you want them visible.

Rob_Cullen_0-1636865239290.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

To build on Rob's reply, you can mark folders or collections as favorites by right-clicking them and doing Mark Favorite.  In addition to filtering for folder favorites, you can quickly go to a favorited folder or collection using the sources menu at the top-left of the filmstrip:

johnrellis_0-1636870651291.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis Thanks. That works.  I never found anything in the documentation about accessing Favorite folders from the Filmstrip source. Good tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob_Cullen Thanks.  I don't see that dropdown in the Mac version of LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I don't see that dropdown in the Mac version of LR"

Click on the magnifying glass:

johnrellis_0-1636924803168.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines