• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application won't open

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC will not open.I have tried using the Backup Ircat files but no joy.The popup message says; "The Lightroom catalog   DSC 5051 Nef is corrupt and cannot be used until its repaired "The repair bar moves across and stops.Can someone please help

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022
Many thanks to everyone who helped with my problem.I spent most of Saturday
reading all the replies and going through all the solutions.I went into all
my files and found and deleted anything to do with DSC 5051 NEF,EMP etc
and there was alot hidden,even in the repair log I deleted them. After a
clean up with CC Cleaner and a reboot with cups of coffee we are back up
and running.A pop-up message flashed up to say it could not find the DSC
5051 file and asked me to pick default Lcat file,which I did an...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many backup catalog files have you tried? Can you post a screen shot of the folder that contains your Lightroom Classic files? Usually located in the Pictures folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

B24569446wdvo_0-1653500640311.jpeg

B24569446wdvo_1-1653500682341.jpeg

Will this help? I have tried to open the backup folder but I get the same message.It seems that a photo I was working on crashed and created the problem.Could I completly delete Lightroom and reinstall again.I have alot of my files on a hardrive so I can start again.

Many Thanks

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! My LRClassic don´t open. 
I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post doesn't have enough information for us to be any help.

What operating system, what version of Lightroom, do you get any error messages, what troubleshooting have you done?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Memoriesfotografia let's keep this thread limited to the problem mentioned by @B24569446wdvo .

@Memoriesfotografia You have a different problem. Do not continue with your problem in this thread. Please start a new thread and explain the problem in detail and people will be happy to help you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you deleted the corrupt file from your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know where is that file. IOS user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please start your own thread. I was replying to the OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC will not open.I have tried using the Backup Ircat files but no joy.The popup message says; "The Lightroom catalog   DSC 5051 Nef is corrupt and cannot be used until its repaired "The repair bar moves across and stops.Can someone please help

By @B24569446wdvo

Your error message indicates you are trying to open an NEF file (which is a RAW photo file) with Lightroom Classic. That's not how Lightroom Classic works. You only can open .LRCAT files with Lightroom Classic. You cannot open .NEF files.

So it's not clear what you are doing or why you are doing this.

What happens if you try to open a .LRCAT file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are somemore details of my working system; Windows 10.I was working on the Nef file in Photoshop and then move it to Lightroom,when I was finished I closed which did a backup.Later that day when I tried to open Lightroom something went wrong.I have gone back to other LCAT files but no joy.I am loading a log of the Repair files and some other details.I am not a great tech person so maybe someone will be able to help me sort this out.

Thanks

Brian

B24569446wdvo_0-1653580862846.jpegB24569446wdvo_1-1653580914210.jpegB24569446wdvo_2-1653580945949.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you go any further, BACKUP YOUR HARD DRIVE.

When we see signs of disk problems, that's always the first advice. You could well have drive issues and lose data.

After that, you need an actual LR catalog file. Were you using the built-in Lightroom backup feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open Lightroom something went wrong.

We need to know WHAT went wrong, in detail, describe it as best you can — and if there was an error message, we need the exact word-for-word unedited error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a capture of my Laptop screen with the message I get when I try to open Lightroom.

B24569446wdvo_0-1653586485055.jpeg

Will this help.

Thanks

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still seem to be trying to open an .NEF file as a catalog, and that can't be done.

How are you doing this? What are the exact steps, in detail, leaving nothing out, that you are doing here?

What happens if you use your operating system's search feature to search all disks and all folders for files whose name ends with .LRCAT but not the temporaryrepair.LRCAT that you showed above? You should find an actual .LRCAT file, or maybe several, open each one in Lightroom Classic by double-clicking on it until you find your actual catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to everyone who helped with my problem.I spent most of Saturday
reading all the replies and going through all the solutions.I went into all
my files and found and deleted anything to do with DSC 5051 NEF,EMP etc
and there was alot hidden,even in the repair log I deleted them. After a
clean up with CC Cleaner and a reboot with cups of coffee we are back up
and running.A pop-up message flashed up to say it could not find the DSC
5051 file and asked me to pick default Lcat file,which I did and a perfect
start.Great support.

Brian in Ireland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you are back on track Brian. Keep going with the clean up and delete all of your irrelevant files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see in your screen-clip you are trying to 'open' an .NKSC file!

That, also, is NOT a Lightroom-Classic Catalog file.

"An NKSC file is a metadata file created by Nikon Capture NX-D, a Nikon camera RAW image processing application used to edit . NEF and . NRW images. It contains a record of the edits made to a RAW image."

Lightroom-Classic will know nothing of any Nikon NX-D editing!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the last file in the list shown in your screen shot? Lightroom Catalog-v-10-v.11.lrcat? 05/04/2022 @ 18:51

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree- Open the file suggested by @cmgap 

2022-05-27 12_36_19-Clipboard.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines