Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying adjustments upon importing via tethering

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help please....

My set up is a Sony A7IV tethered via usb into Smart Shooter 4, which then shares a hot folder with Lightroom Classic. The system works brilliantly and images are seen and imported as they should.

However, I can't seem to find any way of applying any develop settings I have set up in a previous image to the latest imported image from the camera. I just get the image come in as per the camera settings. I must be missing something somewhere, so if you can stop my frustration that will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the images RAW files or jpeg files? What actual version of Lightroom Classic are you using (the actual version number)?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply, I'm importing RAW files into LR 12.1 via a 2022 MacBook 16" M1 Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I do not have Smart Shooter 4, or a Sony) but curious with a suggestion-

Have you set your Camera Default Preferences?

You can choose a Develop Preset that is specific to the camera in the Preferences, and I presume that all imports from the Sony A7IV would have this Preset applied. (I might be wrong 😞  )

2022-12-28 11_24_29-Clipboard.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Rob. Basically I'm wanting to apply any edits I have made to the previous photo imported into my catalogue automatically to the next image coming in from the camera. I can do this easily in CaptureOne but there seems to be no wayof doing so in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the best way to achieve that is to create a camera specific Default Develop setting and include a preset with any specific adjustments. See the article at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, to be honest I have reverted to CaptureOne, it offers so much more than Lightroom once I upgrade my version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines