Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Archive Lightroom Classic Library to switch to Lightroom Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm a longtime Lightroom Classic user. My Library has 2 external drives mapped and maybe 10 years of photography.
How would I be able to switch to a 1TB Lightroom Cloud subscription? What happens to Lightroom Classic and my library?
I don't want my 10 years of Photography in Lightroom Cloud. I don't need it backed in the Adobe Cloud. I however want to be able to still see my edits and or change a thing here and there?

From 2022 on I am willing to try Lightroom Cloud for my photography. How would I go on about it?

I'm on the edge canceling my 12 Euro / months subscription, so the 20 Euros / months for both is no option! It's a shame that Adobe hasn't changed the 20 GB included even though this model is 5? years old...

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Cloud versions only works in the cloud in regards to your files. To access the files and their edits, they'd need to be in the cloud. That's just how it works. 

When a sub runs out on Classic, you can still access and export files. You can even still apply presets via Quick Develop, but no Develop or Map module work can be done. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't want your 10 years of Photography in the Adobe Cloud, but do want to be able to "see my edits and change a thing here and there" why don't you simply sync your Lightroom Classic with the Lightroom cloud? That allows you to select all of your Classic images (or as many or as few as you prefer) and sync them to the cloud....but Classic only uploads Smart Previews, not full res originals, and which are 2560 pixels on the long edge and are generally more than good enough for viewing on your iDevices or the Web, and doing some editing as well. Any changes made on any of the synced devices will sync to all the other devices, so you'll always have the latest version of the image wherever you are....and best of all NONE of those Smart Previews count against that 20GB allowance.....so you can put all 10 years of youir Photography in the cloud as Smart Previews at zero additional cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines