• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are LUTs applied in the beginning or the end of picture processing ?

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community, after having color graded a few hundreds of photos in Lightroom I would like to apply à LUT.

But to do it properly, the LUT must be applied after the grading.

For instance, in Lumetri (Première, After Effects) we can calibrate before processing (Lut section) and change the look after all the color grading (Look section). Both steps can be separately donne using a LUT file (.cube or else)

Does Lightroom apply the LUT as a final step or I will have to export my 300 color graded pictures as TIFF files before applying the LUT ?

Thank you so much for the help you may give me.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Early, and as part of applying a Camera Raw profile based on the LUT. You first need to create the profile in Photoshop / Camera Raw (video here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @john beardsworth for your answer.

I saw this tip and as I described, I still have to export my color graded files (.tiff) in order to apply a look to it. Unless someone knows a way to use a lut on top of the color grading process. So that it doesn't behave like a presset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines