• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Flag & Color Label Shortcut Issues (Specific Languages AZERTY)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encounter an issue with the latest update (V11) on shortcuts to assign a color label (6,7,8,9).
Those shortcuts won't anymore assign a color label, it will now only remove the color label. 
The shortcut "Assign a color label and go to next photo" (Shift+6 to 9) still work well as previously.
Please fix this adobe, my culling speed depend on it. 
Thanks in advance,

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Setting status - adding bug number

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 144 Replies 144
144 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have the same problem and the "reset" of the preferences does not change anything... did you solve the problem on your side?"

@fredm63083683, please do the menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste here the first ten lines so we can see exactly which versions you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version Lightroom Classic: 11.2 [ 202201281441-a5b5f472 ]

System : macOS 12.2.1 (21D62)

In grid mode, using the shortcuts 6 -7 -8 -9 applies the corresponding color label.

Since installing Monterey (French keyboard), this odd behavior…

1. For example (applies to all colors), using the shortcut "8" for a green label results o-in the message "Supprimer le libellé vert" (Suppress the green label) and if the label is correctly applied ;

2. If the green label is already applied, pressing the "8" shortcut should normally remove the label… here it tells me "Définir le libellé sur vert" (Define the color label as green) !

Using Menu and other input other than shortcuts works flawlessly.

Reinitializing the preferences didn't correct the misbehavior.

Best regards from France

Balliet JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version Lightroom Classic: 11.2 [ 202201281441-a5b5f472 ]

System : macOS 12.2.1 (21D62)

iMac Pro — Intel Xeon W 10 cores — 64 Gb RAM

In grid mode, using the shortcuts 6 -7 - 8 - 9 applies the corresponding color label.

Since installing MacOS 12 Monterey from Big Sur (using a French keyboard), unchanged Lightroom sofware, this odd behavior (same as decribed by several others in this thread)…

1. For example (applies to all colors), using the shortcut "8" for a green label results o-in the message "Supprimer le libellé vert" (Suppress the green label) and if the label is correctly applied ;

2. If the green label is already applied, pressing the "8" shortcut should normally remove the label… here it tells me "Définir le libellé sur vert" (Define the color label as green) !

Using Menu and other input other than shortcuts (star rating…) works flawlessly.

Corrective trials and observations :

• Reinitializing the preferences — deleting plist — didn't correct the misbehavior.

• Verified that these shortcuts were not used "system wide".

• Trying an U.S. keyboard setting MacOS wide to no avail.

• Misbehavior definitly related to the numeric pad (I am using an Apple extended keyboard) since "Shift §" assings the red color label and jumps, as expected to the following picture in grid mode. BUT "Shift 6" ("6" on the numeric pad) assigns a red color to two pictures (initial and following) while jumping to a third!

Best regards from France

Balliet JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

This problem is still going as frequently reported on this topic and daily affects our way of using LRC. Please Mr Rikk Flohr: PhotographyCould you tell Adobe about this? It is cleary not a question of overwriting Preferences or uninstall and reinstall the sofware.

Could we get forward to a solution? I've been using LRC for decade without anykind of malfunction so I think that could beeasely fixed by Adobe !!!

Thank you all, have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree ! Do not reset your Preference. It just a waste of time or worse you’ll end up messing your LR. 

This issue has been going on for month but Adobe apparently has not investigate. 

Yet the issue seems clear : It only appears for users who set their Mac OS langage preferences to English but use an extended  foreign keyboard (like in my case French). 

If I set my keyboard to English (qwerty) and restart the OS and application the problem disappear. Same thing if I set the OS to French, then no problem. 

But I’m use to work in LR and PS in English and do not want to change. 

At first I though it might be an Apple issue with Monterey but after the upgrade to 12.2.1 nothing changed. 

I also suspected an issue with my keyboard which was not a branded Apple keyboard. So I got a new Apple keyboard. No change. 

One thing indicate that it’s clearly an Lightroom issue and not an OS issue : The key 0 to 5 for rating all work perfectly. 

I wish that Abode will look seriously to this issue because my workflow rely on colour labels. 

I use a workaround (but not all very convenient) as I set the colors labels on my Wacom tablet keys. 

Thank you all. Have a nice day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Do not reset your Preference. It just a waste of time or worse you’ll end up messing your LR. "… Of course I should have written "Copy - delete the .plist" since in this case it is easy to restore the previous settings, wich I had done.

For the rest… obviously it should be related as a mapping problem with the numeric keyboard on Apples (and apparently other brands) extended keyboard with MacOS 12.2 since previously all worked flawlessly.

My own workaround : even if I use a Wacom tablet, I also use a Stream Deck 15 LCD input keys accessory… I assigned the shortucts prefixed with Maj - Uppercase and the workaround is quite satisfactory, even if a little less handy than the use of numeric extended keyboard.

And… yes, Adobe should look seriously into this misbehavior since iy clearly is a bug!

Best regards from France,

Balliet J.M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I posted a report on the problem of the color label shortcut issues all related to the numeric keyboard shortcuts (foreign langages) — MacOS Monterey.

If the star rating shortcuts 0 to 5 are functional, to my great surprise and dismay all the panel shortcuts ranging between Cmd 0 to Cmd 9 are no longer functional! The panel appears briefly and is immediately closed… this makes LR totally unusable and should be definitively rated as a major a bug and not only a matter open to discussion!

Workaround : installation of the latest version of Keycue witch also an easy keyboard remapping. Used in conjunction with the Stream deck accessory, it makes LR usable… as an emergency solution.

Hopefully this case will be rated by Adobe as a major bug, worth to be looked into and speedily corrected.

Best regards from France

Balliet JM

All these shorcuts are no longer usable…

Capture d’écran 2022-02-25 à 17.56.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, with Auto Advance turned on. For example, when I mark a photo with a star, it happens that the next photo is marked with a star and it automatically jumps to the next, ie the third photo in a row.

Thank you for your help.

Macbook PRO and iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing that on my Mac system, so can you confirm the actual version number of Lightroom Classic that you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is last version of Lr 11.2, And macOS 12.2.1, but it was also in the older version of Lr and macos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 11.6.4, no issues there and also no issues on Windows 10. Unless we get a lot of "me too" posts in this thread, it might be worth trying to reset your LrC Preferences file.....that often fixes strange issues. 

See this post: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not work to me. 😞  But thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

J'ai le même problème et la procédure proposée n'apporte rien : les raccourcis clavier (6 à 9) pour ajouter ou supprimer des libellés ne fonctionnent plus :

- si une image n'a pas le libellé rouge, appuyer sur la touche "6" a pour action "supprimer le libellé rouge"

- si une image a le libellé rouge, appuyer sur la touche "6" a pour action "définir le libellé rouge"

Merci de corriger le bug rapidement, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir,

Un problème dejà bien connu qui semble toucher, entre autres, les utilisateurs utilisant la langue française et un clavier étendu. Cf. Les interventions et discussions ici : https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/color-label-shortcut-issues/m-p/1277760...

Inutile de s'intéresser aux préférences, réponse standard sur ce site... c'est malheureusement inefficace. Il s'agit d'un des nombreux "bugs" qui sont apparus avec la version actuelle de LR 11.2, au point de la rendre presque inutilisable. 
Bien cordialement 

JMB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Full of hope, I just installed LR 11.3 (MacOS Monterey, french system, apple extended keyboard)… and it works no better. It should be considered as a real shame !

Best regards

Balliet J.M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I use Lightroom Classic 11.3 (latest version to date)
on an Imac 5k 27" 2020 on Monterey 12.3.1 (latest version to date)

to sort my photos I use the notation from 1 to 5 with my wired apple keyboard with integrated numeric keypad
the CapsLock mode activated for an automatic passage to the next photo after notation.

since the update, when I click on the number of my rating, the note is attributed to 2 photos (the active one and the next one) and the selection jumps to the 3rd photo

example : if I give 2 stars to photo A, lightroom gives 2 stars to photo A and photo B and positions me on Photo C, if I give 3 stars to photo C, photo D is also given 3 stars and I jump directly to photo E, etc.

if I delete the CAPSLOCK, only 1 photo is noted, but I have to go to the next one with the arrows.
If I note with the numbers above the letters (with shift+number) only 1 photo is noted too.
In these 2 cases I am obliged to have a double action, which is impossible for me given the quantity of photos to sort.

What solution would you have for the system to work again as before?

thank you in advance
Thibault

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Thibault,

Please go tho the menu item "Photo" and check if "Auto Advance" is selected.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-15 um 16.19.51.png

Ralf

I use Lightroom Classic (LrC 11.3) / Photoshop (Ps 23.2.2) / Lightroom (Lr 5.2) with Creative Cloud on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017, Intel Core i7 / 16GB / 500GB SSD) with macOS Monterey Version 12.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ralf,
thanks for the quick answer, it was a good idea.

by default the option was deactivated, but when I activate it it switches my CAPSLOCK

if this one was not activated, the automatic advance works but always by attributing the same note to 2 photos at the same time (same bug)

if capslock is activated, the option "auto advance" cancels it and the attribution of a note is done without automatic advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange because I have the same set up, iMacPro OS 12.3.1, with LRC 11.3.

When I have the auto advance checked, and I click a 1, 2, 3 etc on my keyboard, the star rating is only applied to the one photo that I had selected,  and the next photo is selected.  Is it possible your capslock key is stuck or not totally cleared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrote "apple keyboard with integrated numeric keypad".

On my MacBook I have no numeric keypad, I have to use numbers on the top of the keybord.

Do you have also still numeric keys on the top of your keybord?

If yes try to use these and see if something changes.

Back in my Windows days keybords had a num-lock, this would activate the numeric keypad.

Does the Apple keybord has something similar?

I checked, you can activate auto advace with the caps lock of in the menu. Just different options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNGjKUw_JPk

Ralf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encounter an issue with the latest update (V11) on shortcuts to assign a color label (6,7,8,9).
Those shortcuts won't anymore assign a color label, it will now only remove the color label. 
The shortcut "Assign a color label and go to next photo" (Shift+6 to 9) still work well as previously.
Please fix this adobe, my culling speed depend on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, unfortunately it didnt solve the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to check is the exact version of Lightroom Classic. You mentioned v11; the current version is 11.3.1.

It may need troubleshooting as a system or keyboard problem, because the number keys can both apply and remove Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 color labels on my number pad which is non-standard…it’s a standalone Bluetooth number pad. But it works.

Another thing to check is the configuration of the number pad. On some number pads, the numbers are in a different mode if a Num Lock button is toggled, and sometimes the toggle key name is something other than Num Lock.

Votes

Translate

Translate