• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-destination folder issues

New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All... newbie to the Adobe Support community.  And seeking a solution to a frustrating problem that has cropped up. I've used LR for over 20 years.  While not an "expert" I do figure I have a good grasp of things over the various versions. 

I have a master "images" library, that is organized by YYYY with MM subfolders only.  

My Importing workflow is direct for a source folder and I get LR to "copy" files into destination folders. 

Files are auto-renamed (YYYY_MM_DD_Sequence) and into auto-generated destination, folders are organized - BY DATE with date format YYYY/MM.  I only have my master folder selected, and LR finds the correct year and creates the new month (shows the + symbol on the folder and how many photos will be imported) it does this flawlessly as it should ....HOWEVER, 

Now, after import, it copies the images into the correct folder structure on my external drive, but displays the organized folder structure in LR (on the left window menu) a duplicate year, and month folder that is "outside" of my main "images" master library.  It is ONLY inside LR I see this.  The actual files have been copied into their new folders correctly. 

If I import new images later during the same month, again... it imports/renames/copies into the correct month as expected on the external, but when in LR the folder structure shows another added YYYY -> MM folder has been added.  So I'll have two YYYY folders each containing the same MM with a different amount of photos in each, but everything looks perfect on the external HD.  These extra "folders" if you will, are not showing inside my main "Images" library folder as I see in the left window menu.  

Any ideas people?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have encountered a problem known as the "Capitalization" error, caused by Lightroom being case-sensitive, and the OS generally being case-insensitive.

Read a similar thread here- DUPLICATE FOLDER ERROR  and read especially the answers given by Jim Wilde with instructions how to fix.

And find a more comprehensive blog on the topic from the Lightroom Queen- CAPITALIZATION FIX

You must follow those instructions! Simply trying to move or merge folders in the LrC panel does not work!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines