• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Stack by Capture Time causes Lightroom Classic to become unresponsive.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to Auto-Stack a fairly large selection of photographs (e.g. a few hundred) Adobe Lightroom Classic becomes unresponsive as soon as the Auto-Stack by Capture Time tool is opened. This behavior can be replicated in LrC on both MacOS and Windows 10. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like a performance bug has crept in recently. Auto-Stack on 1185 photos is instantaneous in my LR 8.2.1 but takes over two minutes in my LR 9.3.

I filed a bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-auto-stack-by-capture-time-is-extre...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. (Safari users, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.)

As an inconvenient workaround, try waiting for several minutes to see if Auto-Stack finall becomes responsive.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines