auto straighten not working

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used auto-straighten successfully for year, but suddenly it's unable to straighten an obvious horizon. I just did a family portrait shoot on the beach and there's a clear horizon where the water meets the sky in almost every shot. When I hit Auto in the Crop tool, not only does it fail to straighten the horizon, it actually goes the OTHER way and makes things worse than they were!

Any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this happens to me also, but only if the angle to turn the photo is very large, e.g. if i photograph out of a gyrocopter.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely you have "Auto-sync" activated, in that situation the correction you applied to the first selected image will be applied to all selected images.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.8,; LrC 11.4.1, Lr 5.4.1, Ps 23.3.2-ACR 14.4,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm selecting only one image, so unless I misunderstand something, I don't think your comment applies. Thanks all the same.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screen capture of an image that displays what you are experiencing while in the crop view.

Are you using LrC 11.4.1 the latest update?

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.8,; LrC 11.4.1, Lr 5.4.1, Ps 23.3.2-ACR 14.4,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More tips are available at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/lightroom-classic/how-to/crop-straighten-photo.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without seeing an example of the photos, we can only guess. Remember that Lightroom simply looks for lines, either horizontal lines or vertical lines. Maybe there is a clear vertical line, like a flag pole or something like that, that confuses Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines