Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Auto Sync Bug in 10.4

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an extremely frustrating bug in LR Classic 10.4 where, if I have auto sync enabled, and I make a change to the current photo, it syncs ALL of the settings to the other selected photos. In other words, if I adjust the white balance, it not only syncs WB to the other photso but also crop, exposure, etc. It's basically making auto sync unusable. I closed and restarted LR but it's still happening.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is weird and even crazy hope it gets sorted out ASAP. I will make a test on a small group of images.

Does this happen to everyone or is it random?

Only when using a preset?

On both Mac and Win OS?

Does it get sorted by a preferences reset?

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6, LrC 10.4, Lr 4.4, Ps 22.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing any problem on my OS with respect to the auto-sync.

When you select multiple images and turn on the auto-sync remember to turn it off when you have completed the task, before you select a single image. If you do not do this auto-sync will become active automatically when you select multiple images again.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6, LrC 10.4, Lr 4.4, Ps 22.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My test (in 2nd link) was to pick three images that were of the same scene, just so I could easily see differences. Selected three images that had no edits. Selected just the first image, I moved the exposure slider full right, crazy over exposure, then I selected all three, First image most selected, turned Auto Sync on,  went and selected a B&W preset. As expected, all three turned B&W, not as expected, all three were over exposed. Looked at History panel, first image had the exposure slider noted, and the preset noted, other two, just the preset.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldingD, Ok I am seeing exactly what you indicate. However if I click the Black & White in the color setting from the Basic panel it functions properly. The use of a Preset is messing up the process!

Wow this needs to get fixed. ASAP.

Maybe avoid using a Preset with auto-sync could be a workaround.

Have you tried going back to a previous version to see if it works?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was just doing that test to help another member. Was trying to understand issue.

I absolutely detest using presets. Especially artistic presets, as in someone else's process. Normally I use exactly one preset, Zeroed. Two things I accomplish at Import, rename photos to YYYMMDD_hhmmss, and Zeroed. (to eliminate Adobe's obsession with default sharpening at beginning of edits)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree I have never used presets via auto-sync but do not know if it should work.  Obviously Rick thinks it a bug. This is something that need attention, I have seen users getting “stung” with auto-sync being applied across their full Catalog working in the Total pictures folder.

Just saying.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I used the B&W  preset as to accomplish something obvious.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a similar issue in LR Classic 10.4 that sounds related.  I have presets for individual settings like shadows and highlights and if I apply one of those to an image and then make additional changes to that same image like cropping which I dont have a preset for and then go to a second image and chose one of the same presets that I chose for the first image it will then apply all of the changes I made to the first image, not just the preset value.  I have rolled back to 10.3 and the issue is gone.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am dealing with the exact same issue with LR 10.4. 

Auto Sync on, and apply a change (say exposure)... but it also applies every other change made from the selected main photo (like crop and white balance) to all others selected in the group. Very annoying. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines