Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically delete additional mov files for jpg files

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello forum,

If you take photos with the iPhone and have – intentionally or by mistake – switched on the live mode, you will get two files when importing them into Lightroom: a mov file and a jpg file.

So far I've been looking for these duplicate files in Explorer and manually deleting the mov files one by one.

Now I would like to "automate" that. So is there a way – and if so, which one? – to delete these mov files via any automatic mechanism?

Lr 5.7.1, WIN 10-64bit

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

You could accelerate this by first searching for all .mov files and labeling them red:

johnrellis_2-1642888160171.png

Then search for all .mov and .jpg files together, sorting by filename, looking for a red .mov adjacent to a similar .jpg:

johnrellis_3-1642888182846.png

If you want to completely automate this, use the Any Filter plugin with this Search query:

johnrellis_4-1642888245057.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John, for your suggestion, which would actually be helpful. But since I have Lr 5.7.1, it doesn't work according to Johan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Johan got momentarily confused by Adobe's horrible product naming. Triple-check your version by doing the menu command Help > System Info. If it says:

Lightroom version: 5.7.1 [994254]

then you indeed have an old version of the original Lightroom, whose latest versions are now called "Lightroom Classic" (e.g. Lightroom Classic 11.1), and my suggestions apply.  (LR 5.7.1 was released December 2014 and was the last update to original/traditional "Lightroom 5".)

If it says this:

Lightroom version: 5.1 x64 [ 20211204-1710-0e71941 ] (Dec 4 2021)

then you have the most recent version of Lightroom Desktop in the Lightroom Cloud ecosystem (which includes Lightroom Web and Lightroom Mobile).  My suggestions don't apply to Lightroom Cloudy apps.

If you're still not sure, copy and paste here the first line from Help > System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I think Johan got momentarily confused by Adobe's horrible product naming."

I think you're right, so I have moved this thread back to the Lightroom Classic forum.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP uses Lightroom Mobile and Lightroom 5.7.1 which is Lightroom desktop, not Lightroom Classic. What @johnrellis  proposes here only works in Lightroom Classic.

For that reason I have moved the conversation to the Lightroom ecsystem forum.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines