• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically validate DNG on import.

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it is possible to immediately validate the DNG files coming from my Leica Q2 within Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once imported select all of the DNG files and go to the Library module menu Library> Validate DNG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automatically no. 

Further, the DNGs must be created by Adobe so it's quite possible, this will not work with Leica DNGs. 

You could validate and 'fix' the differences by converting them again to DNG, either in Lightroom or the DNG converter. But you're still not geting any 'auto' validation. 

ACR does so when you 'open' each image FWIW.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is ACR? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My apologies, thedigitaldog is correct. ACR is the Photoshop Camera Raw plugin. I believe both the camera raw plugin and LrC do a DNG file hash validation when opened in the Develop module. A search on the Web seems to indicate that Leica does not include hash check data in its DNG file format, at least for some models.  For DNG files that don'e have hash check data conversion to Adobe DNG file format would most likely not detect data errors, so of no help. I suggest contacting Leica Tech Support or Forum and ask if the Leica Q2 DNG files contain hash check data and what they recommend for cheking it.

https://us.leica-camera.com/Contact

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/index.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines