Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Awful Grainy Previews in Library and Develop Slowing Workflow

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC 12.0  for Mac

Previews in both library and develop modules show as incredibly grainy with ANY amount of grain applied to files. Grain only returns to normal after zooming in 1:1 and grain returns again when making any adjustment, switching modules or viewing other photos. Before and after 1:1 examples attached.

My files are quite large (Fuji GFX100s) and generating 1:1 every time I revisit an image winds up being incredibly time consuming. The only work around I've found is editing without grain and adding as the final step, but then I need to remove it if I want to revisit an edit, which is often. It's proving to be quite frustrating and IMO completely unacceptable. This software has come way too far to be hindered by something as basic as grain. Please fix this soon. It's ruining the experience.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I realized this has been discussed in the past, but I think it needs a bump as it has a big effect on my workflow and I'm sure that of others as well.

The issue is, whenever ANY amount of grain is applied to an image in LRC, the preview renders with EXTREME grain (screenshot before and after zooming 1:1 attached) and cannot be seen normally without zooming into 1:1 and then back out again, which is obviously quite time consuming, especially with files from the GFX100s.

I have had to start applying grain as the final step of my edits, right before export, but if I need to revisit files, then I'm still dealing with the need to zoom 1:1 and back out in order for it to render properly. It's really slowed things down and is making me find LRC to be quite unusable. I see people discussing this back to 2019. Why hasn't anything been done?

I've toggled GPU on and off, does not make a difference.

Processor: 2.3 Ghz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32GB RAM

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines