• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backup lr catalog and smart previews in adobe cloud

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adobe 1st post here. My home was robbed on sunday and I want to backup my lr catalog and the smart previews in adobe cloud, not only for the catalog but also to guarantee a 2400px print, wich is fine for at least authoral photography books in case both my backups for every tb get stollen, but it says file type not suported. Backing up the raws isnt possible because unfortunately adobe doesnt have an option for unlimited storage and the 100gb is just 2 days of work. Im not very knoleged about computers and programs so if someone can tell me if it can be done or have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't back up your LrC catalog from the Adobe cloud. Raws are not stored in the Adobe cloud with LrC. Both of these must be backed up locally or on a networked drive or via some valid cloud backup service, such as Carbonite. If you haven't taken these steps to make backups, then I think you are out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save a catalog backup in Creative Cloud, but you need to use a small detour. Save your catalog backup in Users/YourUserName/Creative Cloud Files. You could save a smart preview of all your images by syncing your Lightroom Classic catalog to the cloud (and adding all images to a synced collection), but of course that means you will only have a smaller copy of your images if your originals get stolen.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can copy your Lightroom catalog to the cloud. Dropbox, Creative Cloud, OneDrive … The Lightroom catalog is a directory on your disk. That is, however, not the best solution to back-up. I have external disks, where I back up all my data, not only the photos. The external disks are transported to a second location for disaster prevention. A disaster can be anything, from robbery to fire to the plane crashing on my house. You name it…

However, backing up all my data on a fresh disk takes 48h, and a big part of that data is my original raw images. In most cases, I use only incremental copies. My back-up program may be found here (site in German, a free version is available): https://www.lupinho.net/hardlinkbackup/

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines