• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Base Import Settings - Leica M10

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been struggling with a few things over the last couple years that have been driving me crazy (most of this can be my lack of software knowledge). Been hard to find basic advice for setting up LR 10.2 for a Leica M10 from the very first step - think first time downloading LR to having all the underlying settings applied correctly so importing the first image to its truest form not Adobe overriding the photos with its vision. I like the look of the photos that are being shown on screen during the preview import phase then LR processes the image and applies its own settings that replace the orginial photos development settings from the camera. This has been a pain to sort out. Feels like I'm fighting the software to revert the images to their "orginal" look instead of moving forward.

1) "Apply During Import" Leica M10 Color Profile - how can this be applied to all of the imported images at once? I have to manually change the color profile from "Adobe Standard" to Leica M10 after its imported - I can't find a way to assign the Leica M10 profile at the "Apply During Import" stage. Only can choose from Adobes presets or other third party presets - I cant choose the M10 color profile. What is best practice here? Set to Camera Settings, None or Defaults? 

2) Preferences -> Presets -> Raw Defaults: How should these settings be set? Raw Defaults: Master: Camera Settings? Adobe Default?

Note:

- All my photos are DNG files, no JPEGs. I try to shoot with the most accurate exposure settings within the camera to limit post-processing work since I enjoy shooting more than editing. Just trying to avoid Lightroom overriding the camera settings since I like the orignal look more. Any help would be apprecited!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't download attachments from this forum (many people don't) so I can't see what you are trying to show us. However ...

... think first time downloading LR to having all the underlying settings applied correctly so importing the first image to its truest form not Adobe overriding the photos with its vision. I like the look of the photos that are being shown on screen during the preview import phase then LR processes the image and applies its own settings that replace the orginial photos development settings from the camera.

This is normal and can't be turned off.  What you are seeing first in Lightroom Classic is the JPG preview that is embedded in the RAW by the camera, with any adjustments by the camera made to obtain a JPG (it may change the colors or the exposure or whatever else the camera thinks is necessary), and then after a few seconds Lightroom Classic creates its own rendering of the RAW, based on whatever Adobe defaults there are, ignoring whatever the camera did to the JPG, and you see a different looking image.

You can instruct Lightroom Classic to apply a user-preset at Import, to remedy some of the issues. For example, you may want to create a preset to change contrast or vibrance or dehaze (or anything else) at Import so the initial appearance of the image is more to your liking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines