• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Change Date Taken

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several previous posts on this subject do not get to the real issue.

Sorting by "date taken" is the most common sort sequence for most viewing programs.  LR uses something of a relative change to a batch of selected pics from multiple sources that end up with wild unmeaningful dates.  That works great to sync various camera's timing during a single shoot.  But for scanned pics, or many other intermediate sources of pics (like Shutterfly) that date is changed to the "date captured"  (date processed by that scanner or intermediate program).  Example, to merge a number of pics from an event like a family birthday or wedding taken by multiple family members, I know the real date and want a way to force the date that I specify to change uniformily as I enter it across the entire batch.  I may want to set the correct date first, then guess at the realtive time to make the sequence seem logical.  (Walk down the aisle comes before the I do and kiss).  Having pics from one good modern camera is a big aid as a master source, but for ancestor pics and others, all you have are scans of old prints.

Perhaps two selection buttons - "Relative Change"and "Specified Change."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. We are not Adobe. For feature requests, go to https://feedback.photoshop.com. Search for your feature request first. If it is already requested by someone else, then don't create a new thread but add your vote to the existing request.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jerry's feedback has been added to this longstanding feature request:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-edit-capture-time-i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines