• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch write GPS metadata to all images in a folder

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workflow: carry Garmin GPS as I photograph rocks.

Use Friedl plug-in to time match GPS data to each image in LR database.

Want to write the GPS metadata from the LR db to all images in a folder.

I use Photools' IMatch for asset management, not Bridge.

I did this years ago in stand-alone LR, I am using latest subscription version of Classic.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Lightroom will overwrite a Raw's GPS data. But you can add the Data to the XMP. 

It's done in Map using the Load Tracklog feature. Photos need to be imported first obviously. Exported photos will contain the new GPS data. 

tracklog.jpg

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@SeanMcCormack Jeffrey Friedl's plugin is an alternative to Lightroom's tracklog feature, so the OP already did this.

@stonecherub What exactly do you want to do? Write metadata to files? Lightroom still has a menu for that. You say you did this years ago in the stand-alone version of Lightroom, but AFAIK nothing has changed in this respect. What you did years ago should still be possible.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines