• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beachballs and no visible images upon import

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr was working fine seemingly until the update to 11.2. Now upon importing photos, when I go to cull and select keepers, I get continuous beach balls and whether I'm in Library or Develop, while the images are present and I can see the file number, it's like the image itself is blacked out and/or if try to select, it just continuously loads. What is going on?! I attempt over and over to quit or force quit rather but within seconds of reopening Lr, the same thing occurs.

Is anyone else having the same or similar issue? I'm at a loss, don't know if I should uninstall entirely and reinstall? As it stands I have since downgraded to 11.1 but that has not resolved the issue either. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. We're here to help.

Which version of macOS are you using? What is your system specification? Is it a large catalog? How many images are there? Have you tried optimizing Lightroom? If not, check HERE.

Try disabling your graphics card to narrow down the issue.

1. Launch Lightroom Classic.
  2. Navigate to one of the following: (macOS) Lightroom Classic > Preferences > Performance. ...
  3. From the Use Graphics Processor drop-down menu, select Off.
  4. Quit and relaunch Lightroom Classic.

If this still doesn't help, consider resetting the preference file. Deleting the file and allowing Lightroom Classic to recreate it from scratch. The preference file can get corrupted, leading to buggy behavior. A corrupt preference file will survive updates, upgrades, and re-installs. Some settings  may revert to defaults as a side effect (just to be aware)

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. I'm running Monterey 12.3.1. As far as the catalog, it's about 500 images which is not at all unusal as far as imports go.

I followed the same process as always, importing to same harddrive, etc.

If I may what does disabling the graphics card do exactly ? I just want to make sure I fully understand and what impact it will have before disabling.

And I just checked also so not only am I having this issue but there is this import and three other imports most recently, all around the same number of images but none of these images/imports are showing up in Lr mobile on my phone. All other images are there as usual but not these 4 most recent imports. What gives?

Thanks again for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My comments-

Grey previews suggest problems with the Previews file.

PREVIEW CACHE ERRORS GRAY PREVIEWS

Continual "Loading" might also suggest that LrC cannot re-build a Preview to display the image. As in the Develop module- your screen-clip.

Did your files Import to a suitable folder?  Do you see the Missing badge [!] on the thumbnail borders in Grid view of Library? Are there [?] badges on folders in the Folder Panel?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines