• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beginner help!

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a beginner at Lightroom. I had a very short trial of lighteoom and then switched to Lightroom CC. I have watched a few videos on beginner editing basics and when I went to try the editing in LightroomCC

the options weren't there.  There was no library tab, develop tab etc on the top of the page. 
If anyone knows of a good tutorial I can access for reference It would help greatly.

Thank you 

Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider clarifying what you are using because there is no Lightroom "CC" anymore. There is Lightroom Classic, and there is Lightroom. Lightroom Classic is the one that has the library Module and the develop module. There are myriads of excellent tutorials on YouTube. I haven't looked recently, but you should be able to do a word search and find plenty. Terry White, Julienne Kost Are couple of good authors, but there are lots of others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! I have Lightroom Classic. I have watched several YouTube videos.  After I open Lightroom classic and uploaded a picture my view of my Lightroom page looks nothing like the videos. 
No tab for library or develop across the top of page or anywhere that I can find.

@JP Hess wrote:

Consider clarifying what you are using because there is no Lightroom "CC" anymore. There is Lightroom Classic, and there is Lightroom. Lightroom Classic is the one that has the library Module and the develop module. There are myriads of excellent tutorials on YouTube. I haven't looked recently, but you should be able to do a word search and find plenty. Terry White, Julienne Kost Are couple of good authors, but there are lots of others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the F5 key. This toggles the tab for library or develop etc.

But also post a screenshot so we can see what you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this linked article, then again tell us which version you are using.

Which Lightroom version am I using? | The Lightroom Queen

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a beginner at Lightroom. I had a very short trial of lighteoom and then switched to Lightroom CC. I have watched a few videos on beginner editing basics and when I went to try the editing in LightroomCC

the options weren't there.  There was no library tab, develop tab etc on the top of the page. 
If anyone knows of a good tutorial I can access for reference It would help greatly.

Thank you 

Mary

By @defaultl0m1dsuc6dn5

Show us what you see. Provide a screen capture of where you think you should see something and it isn't there. Include your screen capture by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two possibilities as to why you are not seeing the module selectors. There is a menu bar that appears at the top of the Lightroom interface. That menu bar can be hidden by clicking on a triangle at the top middle of the interface, and it can be shown permanently by clicking on it to make it point downward. If that triangle is pointing upward then the menu bar appears when the cursor goes to that area near the top. If you right-click in the menu bar area is possible to choose which modules will display on your Lightroom interface. I don't know if this could be your problem, but it is a suggestion for you to consider.

Screenshot 2021-06-05 091109.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the top menu select Window/Panels/Show Module Picker (or just press F5). You probably hit F5 accidentally and turned it off.

I took a Creative Live course from Ben Willmore to learn Lightroom Classic, and it was time well spent. Jared Platt is also an excellent instructor.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good tutorials: try what Adobe offers: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/get-started.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1622950449599.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1622950449600.png

GoldingD_2-1622950449601.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines